Old 06-03-2003, 04:51 PM
350X_Rider

Default Swords sprouting branches...

What do I do with the branch like runners my swords are putting out? They
look like you could just lay them down, bury them and they'd grow another
plant... some are getting to be 3" in height now....

Not the actual sword leaves, but the "runners" they send out toward the
light? What do you do with them?

Old 06-03-2003, 06:03 PM
WD

"350X_Rider" wrote in message
What do I do with the branch like runners my swords are putting out? They
look like you could just lay them down, bury them and they'd grow another
plant... some are getting to be 3" in height now....

Not the actual sword leaves, but the "runners" they send out toward the
light? What do you do with them?

My new swords have made these as well, they're up to 9 or 10 inches, and
producing some great looking leaves. Quite odd.

Old 06-03-2003, 06:52 PM
Daniel Whiting

When mine did that, when I thought they looked large enough, I snipped
the runner line and planted them like everything else.. Eventually, they
grew too big so I pulled them and traded them to my LFS..

Old 06-03-2003, 07:17 PM
Bob Alston

These appear to be bloom staulks. If you look closely you should see buds
and eventually flowers before the plants develop much. When the look large
enough and have a few roots, clip them and plant them. You have a "mother"
plant.

Bob