Pressurized CO2 tank problem

Old 15-08-2003, 09:42 PM
Chuck Gadd

Default Pressurized CO2 tank problem

On 15 Aug 2003 12:48:24 -0700, (Joey) wrote:

Okay, I did sprayed some soap solution on all the fittings. So far, no
sign of leakage. I did cut one of the aquarium tube ending so that it
fit tighter to my check valve. I also removed the airstone.

After setting the bubble rate 1 per sec., I came back about 2 hours
later. There is no more bubbling. I check the ph, it is now 8.0. I
will readjust the bubble rate again to see what will happens in a few
hours. I will keep you all posted on this.

At least temporarily, try it without the check valve in the path.
I've seen problems where check-valves restrict the flow too much, and
produce unstable CO2 rates.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua
Old 15-08-2003, 10:11 PM
Rod Runnheim

"Joey" wrote in message
om...
Okay, I did sprayed some soap solution on all the fittings. So far, no
sign of leakage. I did cut one of the aquarium tube ending so that it
fit tighter to my check valve. I also removed the airstone.

After setting the bubble rate 1 per sec., I came back about 2 hours
later. There is no more bubbling. I check the ph, it is now 8.0. I
will readjust the bubble rate again to see what will happens in a few
hours. I will keep you all posted on this.

Joe

Unless I'm missing something, there HAS to be a leak. The gas has to go
somewhere, or the bubble count has to go to zero (pressure equalizes).

Rod

Old 16-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Joey

Hi all,

Just to update with what's going on with my CO2 injection, so far the
CO2 bubbling rate is still at 1 per second since I set it yesterday
afternoon. This morning, I look at the bubble it is still going strong
at 1 per sec. and the pH reading is 7.0. I guess the fitting between
my valve and the tube in the tank was sort of loose.

Thank you all for all the feed back.

Joe
Old 12-10-2011, 07:45 PM

I am apprehensive if anyone apperceive what's amiss and whether the co2 supposed to be abandoned that fast. One affair about my CO2 catchbasin is that I bought it from this boutique and the guy would barter a catchbasin for every prefilled. I asked him whether the catchbasin I bought is tested; he said that as continued as I bushing my CO2 there, I don't accept to anguish about it.