Old 23-08-2003, 06:42 AM
-=Almazick=-

Default Algae Algae Algae

"Do you have enough plants? I have some clippings I could give you if you
need
more."

Yes I would love to get some clippings from you. Whenever you get a chance
please let me know

"LeighMo" wrote in message
Also I read today that I can fight red algae with Copper.

Don't do it. Those algaecides do contain copper, but they will kill your
plants as surely as they kill your algae. They may also kill inverts like
shrimp or snails, if you have them.

By
the way should I add Seachem Flourish now? I think I should wait until my
plants recover

Waiting awhile probably won't hurt. Though personally, the only time I

ever
have algae problems is when I run out of fertilizer.

Do you have enough plants? I have some clippings I could give you if you

need
more.

Leigh

Old 23-08-2003, 09:32 AM

You might add another hagen CO2 set up on there but the long term
should consider a gas CO2 cylinder set up/splice the line and add a
DIY yeast brew bottle on the reactor and also direct the filter flow
past the reactor as well.

You'll be glad you did.

There's a Windy city aquatic plant club I recall.
Get in with them if you want weeds and a better run down of keeping
plants, your abilities will get much better faster. It's perhaps the
fastest route to tank improvement and understanding others have had a
similar experience.

Regards,
Tom Barr