Old 26-08-2003, 02:13 AM
Paul Cimins

Default Pricing Fish!

I was just wondering what do you guys think what is fair market value for
Rainbow starting with Bosemani .
I paid $14.00 for a two inch fish.

Old 26-08-2003, 04:34 AM
Victor M. Martinez

Paul Cimins wrote:
I was just wondering what do you guys think what is fair market value for
Rainbow starting with Bosemani .
I paid $14.00 for a two inch fish.

Way overpriced, I think. IIRC, I paid about $5-6 for each of my bosemanis.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old 26-08-2003, 05:04 AM
Jim Brown

Paul Cimins wrote in message
.net...
I was just wondering what do you guys think what is fair market value for
Rainbow starting with Bosemani .
I paid $14.00 for a two inch fish.

Lot of factors to consider. Size, health, where you live, type of store you
get your fish from.
I would say a 2 incher for 14 bucks is high.

Jim

Old 26-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Victor M. Martinez

RedForeman ©® wrote:
3.99 per at petsmart...

Yeah, but every single rainbow fish I've seen at Petsmart has really mild
coloration. I guess they get them from breeders that don't have really good
stock. It's best to get rainbows either from reputable breeders or wild-caught.

Old 26-08-2003, 11:13 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Jim Seidman wrote:
I haven't seen rainbow fish at Petsmart. (And I've been looking
regularly!) I'm curious whether you (or anyone else) has purchased one
of these colorless fish and taken it home, and whether its color then
improved.

The only fish I've ever purchased there were feeder goldfish to cycle the
pond outdoors.

Old 27-08-2003, 04:02 PM
RedForeman ©®

True... on mine, they are weak colors at best... we have a nicer place, that
DID charge $20 per... now they are more like $15 but they DO have some nicer
specimens...

Old 27-08-2003, 09:33 PM
Josh

ya, In my area I paid like 8-10 for one, so prolly a little overpiced, but
thean again that is in "my" area
"Paul Cimins" wrote in message
.net...
I was just wondering what do you guys think what is fair market value for
Rainbow starting with Bosemani .
I paid $14.00 for a two inch fish.

Pond Liner Pricing - EPDM vs Permalon Bryan Ponds 9 14-02-2004 02:32 AM
farmers market pricing WiGard Gardening 12 11-02-2004 06:32 PM
Pond Liner Pricing Bryan Ponds 0 06-02-2004 11:05 AM
Pond Liner Pricing Bryan Ponds 0 06-02-2004 10:01 AM
Garden Centre Pricing Stephen G United Kingdom 9 21-04-2003 05:46 PM