Old 08-12-2004, 04:21 PM
Mytag

Default CO-2 UNIT FRESHWATER ELECTROLYSIS TYPE

Hi, I am new to the planted aquarium and am wondering if anybody has had any
experience with these electrolysis units as an alternative CO2 unit. I am
considering getting one in the interim of being able to afford a more
expensive unit. Thankyou in advance. Michael

Old 09-12-2004, 09:39 AM

They cost as much as a gas set up and then the blocks are much more
expensive.
You can also add as many needle valves to a regulator as you have tanks
you want to add CO2 to.

Over time, the gas tanks are a better deal.
If it's a smaller tank, 55 gal or less and you need space, this might
be useful, but they do break and wear out. I've had the same gas tank
set up for 15 years.

You can get a reg for 69$ with solenoid, needle valve, I bought a CO2
20lb tank at the fire extingusher place for 50$ filled. Cost 12$ to
refill which will last 3-4 years on a 160 gal worth of tanks.
You can do the the rest of the math.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Old 09-12-2004, 04:50 PM
www.Fish-ForumS.com

These units will end up costing you much more quickly as the blocks
have to be replaced very fast.
For instnance a regulator costs less than 100 and all you technically
need is a co2 tank for less than 60 new or used even less.

A 10 lbs tank on a 29 gal tank can last you over 8 months with a
refill costing less than 20

Marc
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______
Want to win a FREE new co2 system or a lighting system OUR PHOTO
CONTEST HAS STARTED

http://www.fish-forums.com

Http://www.aquatic-store.com

Old 10-12-2004, 10:20 AM

I can get 3-4 years out of a 10lb gas tank and a 29 gallon tank.
Refills run 12$ here, 8$ in some places and perhaps 18$ depending on
the region in the USA.
Look around.

Regards,
Tom Barr