Old 11-01-2005, 05:02 PM

Default EAsy to make, effective DIY internal CO2 reactor

I've detailed out a simple, easy to make, decent looking DIY CO2
internal reactor that works very well and is about 2-3$ minus the
powerhead.You do not need to be a subscriber to view the plans(It's
Free!). Took me 10 minutes to make, works super, good for DIY CO2 folks
as well.Can be used with a pH controller, solenoid, timer etc. These
are very effective and are easy for the beginner or expert to use.

Enjoy

Regards,
Tom Barr

Get connected
www.BarrReport.com Get the information

Old 11-01-2005, 10:22 PM
default

Mee too. I'm curious. Gotta link?

(pssst, hey Tom, read your e-mail. There's a huge gratuitus thank you
from me)

steve

Old 14-01-2005, 05:13 AM

Are you folks blind?:-)
Look at the post, there's only one link on there.
Regards,
Tom Barr

HINT, HINT
= www.BarrReport.com

Old 14-01-2005, 06:11 AM
Margolis

wrote in message
oups.com...
Are you folks blind?:-)
Look at the post, there's only one link on there.
Regards,
Tom Barr

HINT, HINT
= www.BarrReport.com

really? We must be looking at a different site then or all be blind. I
have looked all over www.BarrReport.com and have not found this. I have
found quite a few different links and articles there, but I have not managed
to find anything about a diy co2 reactor.

I don't mean to sound negative since you are offering this for free, but it
is not easy to find.

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/200302152...qs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

Old 14-01-2005, 07:13 AM
Richard

In article .com,
wrote:
Are you folks blind?:-)
Look at the post, there's only one link on there.

Where?

(I knew I should have stoppped when I needed glasses)

633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org
Old 14-01-2005, 08:58 AM
Ozdude

"Margolis" wrote in message
wrote in message
oups.com...
Are you folks blind?:-)
Look at the post, there's only one link on there.
Regards,
Tom Barr

HINT, HINT
= www.BarrReport.com

really? We must be looking at a different site then or all be blind. I
have looked all over www.BarrReport.com and have not found this. I have
found quite a few different links and articles there, but I have not
managed
to find anything about a diy co2 reactor.

I don't mean to sound negative since you are offering this for free, but
it
is not easy to find.

Agreed - did a site search for "DIY", "CO2", "DIY CO2" and "reactor" and it
comes up with nothing.

If it is there, it's too buried and too hard to find. There is nothing wronf
my eyes as far as I know, neither my is there anything wrong with my
congnition.

Oz

--
My Aquatic web Blog is at http://members.optusnet.com.au/ivan.smith

Old 14-01-2005, 02:20 PM
kev

On 14 Jan 2005, the world was enlightened by Ozdude's opinion about...

"Margolis" wrote in message
wrote in message
[...]

If you *register*, then the search works properly.

kev

--
Civilization.

An organized system of alternatives to the stone age - CJCherryh

Old 14-01-2005, 02:48 PM
Ozdude

"kev" wrote in message
On 14 Jan 2005, the world was enlightened by Ozdude's opinion about...
If you *register*, then the search works properly.

OK, so considering it *costs* (or so it appears to) for this information,
then shall we consider the original message subtle spam? I hope it wasn't ,
but quite frankly, I don't have the money on hand to be paying for "The Barr
Report" and I certainly don't need to be paying for information which is
possibly freely available on the Internet, or by a bit of personal thought.

I have my own flavour of CO2 "reactor" which will start it's testing next
Wednesday when I get the generator working, and I'll post it on my site and
it'll be free, without any hook to get you to go there.

Forgive me if I sound a little suspicious of Mr. Barr's motives for the post
in the first place, but if there is one thing I personally abhor it's people
making money without being up front about it. There is too much greed and
deception in the world today and I am waiting for us all to realise how
unhappy it ultimately makes you if you are in fact greedy and deceptive.
There is nothing wrong with capitalism, but you should be ethical

Sorry for the tone of this message, but I for one don't need full access to
Mr Barr's "report" even if it has astounding new information in it - I can't
imagine it does...sorry.

Oz

--
My Aquatic web Blog is at http://members.optusnet.com.au/ivan.smith

Old 14-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Rocco Moretti

Are you folks blind?:-)
Look at the post, there's only one link on there.
Regards,
Tom Barr

HINT, HINT
=
www.BarrReport.com

I'm not blind, I'm just not seeing the same website you are, probably
due to cache/update or registered/unregistered problems.
From what I see, I can't even find "the post" which you speak of, let
alone the link.

Here's what I see when I go to www.BarrReport.com (Front page, middle
panel, as of 14/Jan/2005, about 16:00 UTC):

Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English, from Late Latin, from
Latin, ruler, rule, model, standard, from Greek kanOn
1a : the authentic works of a writer b : a sanctioned or accepted body
of related works
2a : an accepted principle or rule b : a criterion or standard of
judgement c : a body of principles, rules, standards, or norms

Subscription to the Barr Report - One Year
Submitted by administrator on Tue, 2004-12-14 14:32.

Subscribe now to the Barr Report - the monthly newsletter covering the
aquatic and aquascaping hobby. Find answers to the questions "Why have
I not had BBA for many years and others have? Why can I induce BBA by
lowering my CO2? or my favorite Barr quote "Keep trying to do all the
other methods, till you have done them all :-)"

Subscribers also get private exclusive access to the Barr Blog, Tom
Barr's personal web log containing rants and ravings about a variety of
aquatic topics. You also will be able to join a private community and
read others comments and feedback on monthly newsletter articles,
archive articles, galleries, and other exclusive content.

Price: $12.95
» 20 comments | read more | add to cart
International Credit Card Subscriptions
Submitted by administrator on Sun, 2004-12-12 17:12.

International Credit Card subscriptions can also be taken at
http://www.pmddstore.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BarrReport
» 2 comments
125G Planted Mbuna Tank
Submitted by travis on Fri, 2005-01-07 10:32. Aquascapes

I see a few aquascapes have been submitted so far. Thought I would keep
the ball rolling. This is my 125G planted mbuna tank. I had terrible
problems with algae (and test kits) until I started using Tom's
Estimative Index dosing system. Sounds like a testimonial doesn't it?
» login or register to post comments | original image | Aquascapes image
gallery
Notes from Aquatic plant class.
Submitted by Tom Barr on Wed, 2004-12-29 04:23.

I will be posting some notes from a class from UF about aquatic plants,
this applies to wild plants. These are from the top researchers in the
world on aquatic weeds.

I'll post them then discuss the content later after the first main
article is posted. So there will be basically an article, plus some
detailed notes from a different viewpoint than anything written in
aquatic plant books.

Regards,

Tom Barr
» Tom Barr's blog | login or register to post comments
The Barr report lives!
Submitted by Tom Barr on Fri, 2004-12-24 14:18.

Hell freezes over

I've finally decide to start a site that focuses my experience,
educations, research and findings with aquatic plants. This site will
build in content as everyone that knows me will surely attest to. I tend
to write a great deal about plants on the mailing list and boards. I
will answer some very general things on public list/forums, but I will
help those subscribed here to whatever detail they require.

While this has been a very long time coming, it has also given me a
chance to focus what I want to create much more and to have the
background to do it. I want to personally thank Greg Watson for his
invaluable help and efforts for this.
» Tom Barr's blog | 2 comments | read more
Barr Report available in English, Italian, Spanish, and French
Submitted by Greg Watson on Wed, 2004-12-08 20:56.

We are excited to announce limited availability of the Barr Report and
the website in Italian, Spanish, and French. Content and navigation
that has not been translated will be displayed in English. Most articles
have been translated (some more sophisticated than others) and can be
accessed in Italian, Spanish, and French by selecting the country code
flag at the top of each article. We hope to add German soon!
» login or register to post comments
The Estimative Index of Dosing, or No Need for Test Kits
Submitted by Tom Barr on Wed, 2004-12-08 20:21. Estimative Index

What is it?

The Estimative index is a simple method to dose nutrients for any tank
without test kits. In a nut shell, the aquarist doses frequently to
prevent anything from running out (plant deficiency) and does large
weekly water changes to prevent any build up (Plant inhibition). In this
manner, we can easily maintain a close approximation or an “estimation
index” of the nutrient levels during the week, not too high, not too low
and…..no need for a test kit because the accuracy is close and in most
cases closer than a test kit. I’ve done numerous test runs over a week
or three week time period using very high light and many different
species of fast growing stem plants. This will give an assumed “maximum
uptake rate”. This rate is important in setting the upper limit of the
needs of the plants. Once the aquarist knows this rate, they can be
confident that they are not going to run out of any nutrient at most any
lighting variable. This “rate” of uptake or dosing is what is truly
important rather than maintaining some static “residual” level.

» 29 comments | read more
Stages of the Aquascaper
Submitted by Tom Barr on Wed, 2004-12-08 20:10. Aquascaping

Differentiating from the plant _gardener_, the plant aquascaper has a
much longer, and less frustrating path in development. "Gardening"
involves the growing aspects of aquatic horticulture. This includes the
physiology, ecology, pruning, aquarium maintenance and mastering the
ability to use the "colors"... the plants themselves. I started off
aquascaping with rock, next came coral and marine tanks, then driftwood
and finally to plants both Marine and Freshwater. The "Aquascaper" uses
the colors(the plants) to paint their design. Aqauscaping involves all
aspects of design and layout.
» login or register to post comments | read more

Old 14-01-2005, 04:43 PM
default

Ozdude wrote:
"kev" wrote in message
On 14 Jan 2005, the world was enlightened by Ozdude's opinion

about...
If you *register*, then the search works properly.

OK, so considering it *costs* (or so it appears to) for this

information,
then shall we consider the original message subtle spam? I hope it

wasn't ,
but quite frankly, I don't have the money on hand to be paying for

"The Barr
Report" and I certainly don't need to be paying for information which

is
possibly freely available on the Internet, or by a bit of personal

thought.

Oz, Dude, chill (in a friendly way)

I read this entire thread again, to see what I was missing. One poster
up earlier said, "you have to register first". My first reaction was
exactely as yours. Free my ass! But then I chilled, and looked at the
site again. "Register" is free. To "subscribe" is $12. So I simply
registered and now have more access. It's free.

sincerely,
steve

Old 14-01-2005, 04:47 PM
default

Rocco Moretti wrote:
wrote:

I'm not blind, I'm just not seeing the same website you are, probably

due to cache/update or registered/unregistered problems.
From what I see, I can't even find "the post" which you speak of,

let
alone the link.

Here's what I see when I go to
www.BarrReport.com (Front page, middle

panel, as of 14/Jan/2005, about 16:00 UTC):

snip all except the last line you posted

=BB login or register to post comments | read more

Yup. Register to read more. Maybe Tom's announcement could have said,
"Registration is free, and gives you access to much more free
information for free, including the newest DIY C02 dealy bobber."
steve

Old 14-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Rocco Moretti

default wrote:

snip all except the last line you posted

» login or register to post comments | read more

Yup. Register to read more.

Well, technically the line says "register ... to post comments" (and is
attached to the "Stages of the Aquascaper" story specifically, not the
site as a whole). The "Read more" is a separate link (again, attached to
the "Stages of the Aquascaper" story specifically) that actually gives
you full access to the "Stages of the Aquascaper" story, no login required.

Maybe Tom's announcement could have said,
"Registration is free, and gives you access to much more free
information for free, including the newest DIY C02 dealy bobber."

Would have been better, especially since there is no indication that
additional free content is available for the registered (and not
subscribed) users.

BTW, the "login or register to post comments" is not accurate either, as
after logging in, I get a "you can't post comments" message under the
"Stages of the Aquascaper" story.

So yes, logging in gives you access to more free content, but I still
maintain there is no way to figure that out by just looking at the
non-logged-in site.
Old 14-01-2005, 06:23 PM
default

Rocco Moretti wrote:
default wrote:

[...]

I'm in agreement with you, Rocco. I didn't register until another
poster suggested it. There is no way to tell from the site that
registration opens up new stuff. And I wouldn't have if the benefit
was only to post to the topics, which is what my initial reaction was.
steve

Old 14-01-2005, 10:06 PM
Ozdude

"default" wrote in message
ups.com...

Oz, Dude, chill (in a friendly way)

OK chilled

I am guilty, I admit of not going "in far enough" then

I read this entire thread again, to see what I was missing. One poster
up earlier said, "you have to register first". My first reaction was
exactely as yours. Free my ass! But then I chilled, and looked at the
site again. "Register" is free. To "subscribe" is $12. So I simply
registered and now have more access. It's free.

Perhaps I will register then

Regards,

Oz

--