Spring 6 - drupes-01.jpg (1/1)

Old 08-09-2007, 04:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Spring 6 - drupes-01.jpg (1/1)

Snowdrops

Shaking off the rain.

--
Mike
Upper Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia

Attached Thumbnails
Spring 6 - drupes-01.jpg (1/1)-drupes-01.jpg
Old 08-09-2007, 08:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mike Dee" wrote in message
Snowdrops

Shaking off the rain.

--
Mike
Upper Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia

That's very nice - but are snowdrops drupes?

Mary

Old 08-09-2007, 11:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mary Fisher" wrote:

That's very nice - but are snowdrops drupes?

Thanks, Mary. No, snowdrops are never drupes. Sorry, it's my silly file
naming scheme... They looked "droopy" to me, but I used "drupe" because
it looked "prettier" ;-)

--
dee
Old 09-09-2007, 11:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mike Dee" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

That's very nice - but are snowdrops drupes?

Thanks, Mary. No, snowdrops are never drupes. Sorry, it's my silly file
naming scheme... They looked "droopy" to me, but I used "drupe" because
it looked "prettier" ;-)

Ah! I see. I was worried for a while that for nearly sixty years I'd
misunderstood what drupes were :-)

Nice picture by the way :-)

Mary

Old 09-09-2007, 12:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mary Fisher" wrote:

"Mike Dee" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

That's very nice - but are snowdrops drupes?

Thanks, Mary. No, snowdrops are never drupes. Sorry, it's my
silly file naming scheme... They looked "droopy" to me, but I
used "drupe" because it looked "prettier" ;-)

Ah! I see. I was worried for a while that for nearly sixty years
I'd misunderstood what drupes were :-)

Nice picture by the way :-)

I cannot have been thinking clearly to name that file "drupe". Very
silly of me for doing so, indeed.

Thanks for being gentle with me, Mary :-)

--
dee
Old 19-09-2007, 11:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

FragileWarrior wrote:

I don't think I'm familiar with Snowdrops. Do they all have that
green spot on them?

Yes, as far as I know, they all do.

--
dee
Old 19-09-2007, 11:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens