Giant Sunflowers

Old 19-12-2008, 04:57 AM

Default Giant Sunflowers

Pictures of some giant sunflowers I've had over the years.
Attached Thumbnails
Giant Sunflowers-rhgs15ft_8_17_06.jpg  Giant Sunflowers-arizona_sun_r.jpg  Giant Sunflowers-botts_row_08_12_05.jpg  Giant Sunflowers-botts14ft_wife_pa_8_14_04.jpg  Giant Sunflowers-botts14ft_house_pa_8_14_04.jpg

Giant Sunflowers-crxbott_14ft_8_12_05.jpg
Old 19-12-2008, 02:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Giant amaranth pictures

sunflower_info wrote:
Here are pictures of giant amaranth plants I've had over the years.

Good grief!

Do they grow that size in one season?

--
Wolf Kirchmeir
Old 19-12-2008, 05:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Wow, thanks for showing the pics, I was curious & googled so here is one
link. Interesting info.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D2%26hl%3Den

Cheers Wendy

"sunflower_info" wrote in
message ...

Old 06-01-2009, 05:07 AM

The tallest amaranth I had starting them indoors in the very early spring is 23 feet 2 inches tall. The tallest amaranth I've had from a direct sowing in spring is 21 feet tall. These plants are also capable of producing huge stalks. I've seen stalks over 6 feet around in a single season. This is a scary, big plant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Kirchmeir[_3_] View Post