GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   fire lily bulbs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/214003-fire-lily-bulbs.html)

Willi_9 22-11-2016 12:43 PM

fire lily bulbs

1 Attachment(s)
This is a hybridized variety. They grow about 50% bigger than the natural ones (The bulbs are much bigger too). When I was a child I knew places, where wild ones grew. They had a baby bulb at each single corner where a leaf starts off from the stem. - This hybrid grows also many offsprings, but beneath the ground rather and very close to the mother bulb.
- photographed today [2016-11-22]

Opinicus[_2_] 23-11-2016 04:27 PM

fire lily bulbs

On Tue, 22 Nov 2016 12:43:52 +0100, Willi_9
wrote:

This is a hybridized variety. They grow about 50% bigger than the
natural ones (The bulbs are much bigger too). When I was a child I knew
places, where wild ones grew. They had a baby bulb at each single corner
where a leaf starts off from the stem. - This hybrid grows also many
offsprings, but beneath the ground rather and very close to the mother
bulb.
- photographed today [2016-11-22]

Beautiful. It also reminded me that I need to make aioli this weekend.
;-)

--
Bob
The joint that time is out of

Willi_9 17-01-2017 05:35 PM

Well spotted. Garlic is a member of the liliaceae family.
Bon appetite! May no vampires bite you ;)
(W)