Old 14-03-2003, 11:32 AM

Default furniture

After some good (not expensive) chairs table etc for garden - anyone have
any recommendations on best places to find or on good furniture
thanks
jkam

Old 14-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Warren

wrote:
After some good (not expensive) chairs table etc for garden - anyone

have
any recommendations on best places to find or on good furniture
thanks

As I started my response, I noticed that you're address is in the UK,
and I don't know anything about shopping in the UK. I do, however, like
to blab away, so I kept going.

Last year I needed to buy a patio set here in the US. I went around to
all the discount stores, the one-stop shopping stores, the department
stores with hard goods, and Costco. I even shopped online.

Most of what I found in the stores looked good, but was constructed
poorly. Given that, I decided not to buy online unless it was exactly
something I've examined in person.

At Costco, they had the least robust selection. I believe that there
were a total of three sets there. However, all three were really well
constructed and comfortable. They were also a bit pricey, and even
though it was the beginning of the warm weather season, two weeks later,
the Costco I went to was sold out, and they were preparing for the next
season in the seasonal goods area.

I later saw an ad for a furniture store 40 miles away that bragged about
their selection of patio furniture. But by the time they were
advertising, even K-Mart was almost sold out of patio furniture.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.

Old 29-12-2004, 06:21 PM
Russ

Warren,

I just purchased two Adirondack Chairs from Summerseat. As far as the
quality issue goes, Summerseat has a lifetime guarantee, so I would
assume they are fine. Hope this helps. Oh, the also feature a new chair
each month and they are having a winter sale right now of 50% off an
adirondack chair. Cheers!
Russ
Ooops! Their website is http://www.summerseat.com .

Old 29-12-2004, 10:13 PM
Stephen Henning

On Dec. 29, 2004 "Russ" posted the exact same
message seven times to rec.gardens:

reply (1) to:
Chris, from Jun 17 1998

and reply (2) to:
Billy, from Jun 21 1998

and reply (3) to:
Charlotte, from May 14 1994

and reply (4) to:
Allyson, from Apr 16 1999

and reply (5) to:
Warren, from Mar 14 2003

and reply (6) to:
Heather Deal, from May 11 1994

and reply (7) to:
Charles "Stretch" Ledford, from Jun 17 1999

I just purchased two Adirondack Chairs from S...

Russ must also dig people up on election day to vote??? This is a
little far fetched. The message could be posted once if it was true and
stand on its own. Obviously it isn't and won't. This might be a
legitimate company, but he has casted doubt on its character by such
tactics.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman
Old 07-07-2015, 02:03 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;62980
After some good (not expensive) chairs table etc for garden - anyone have
any recommendations on best places to find or on good furniture
thanks
jkam
Hi Jkam,
If you are looking for not too expensive but quality garden furniture the check out Garden Benches - Garden Seats and Benches by GardenBenches.com. All benches are really good quality and you can also have next day delivery if order before 10:30am. There is also - on there website - accessories for cleaning and care of your bench ect. For example Golden Care 3 in 1 Maintenance Kit | Garden Bench Teak Maintenance Kit.
Hope this helped,
Andy

Old 31-03-2016, 10:38 AM
Registered User

Location: Manchester
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;62980
After some good (not expensive) chairs table etc for garden - anyone have
any recommendations on best places to find or on good furniture
thanks
jkam
Some great Rattan Garden Furniture selections on www.modafurnishings.co.uk

[IMG] code is On

Bamboo Furniture cookw Bamboo 2 08-11-2008 12:58 PM
Bamboo Furniture cookw Bamboo 2 07-11-2008 01:37 PM
Use patio furniture as front room furniture? [email protected] Lawns 2 24-02-2008 04:52 AM
Living Room Furniture & Bedroom Furniture ! [email protected] United Kingdom 0 13-06-2007 01:23 AM
Experience with teak furniture Tom United Kingdom 2 02-06-2003 10:44 AM