Old 29-09-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Sick Lilac

Hi - I bought a 3' Lilac that was (and is) afflicted with mildew and
blight. It has been in my yard for a few months now. About 5% of the
leaves are totally fine, 80% have mildew and the others (and some of
the mildew ones) have blight. There are some new suckers coming up.
Should I remove all leaves that have blight/mildew or both? If I
remove all sick leaves, the plant will have maybe 5 leaves on it.
Should I not worry about it as they will fall off over winter and it
will be better next year?
thanks!

Old 29-09-2005, 08:07 PM
Lynn

I am by no means an expert on lilacs, but I do have one growing. The leaves
are going to die and fall off very soon anyways (depends on where you live).
I would just clean up the dead leaves around the plant and next year keep a
close eye on it. I think it will be fine, but like I said I am no expert.
--
Lynn

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi - I bought a 3' Lilac that was (and is) afflicted with mildew and
blight. It has been in my yard for a few months now. About 5% of the
leaves are totally fine, 80% have mildew and the others (and some of
the mildew ones) have blight. There are some new suckers coming up.
Should I remove all leaves that have blight/mildew or both? If I
remove all sick leaves, the plant will have maybe 5 leaves on it.
Should I not worry about it as they will fall off over winter and it
will be better next year?
thanks!

[IMG] code is On

I'm sick of.....peas! What are you sick of? rachael simpson Edible Gardening 28 14-08-2007 09:10 PM
I'm sick of.....peas! What are you sick of? rachael simpson Gardening 25 05-08-2007 08:19 PM
I'm sick of.....peas! What are you sick of? Glenna Rose Edible Gardening 0 31-07-2007 09:36 PM
lilac Susan Gillispie North Carolina 4 01-04-2003 03:34 AM
Dwarf Lilac - seem to have killed it? Rosie United Kingdom 3 26-11-2002 01:50 AM