Old 02-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Graham Fawcett

Default Plum tree: need help identifying illness

Hello,

I've moved into a new home that has a plum tree. The tree is bearing a
lot of fruit (not very tasty though) but it seems to have a rather
nasty fungus(?) growing on it.

Pictures available he http://www.flickr.com/photos/36076712@N00/

Could someone please help me to identify the illness? Any tips on
treatment would be welcome.

Thanks,

Graham

Old 02-10-2005, 09:58 PM
Powerless Agronomist

"Graham Fawcett" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

I've moved into a new home that has a plum tree. The tree is bearing a
lot of fruit (not very tasty though) but it seems to have a rather
nasty fungus(?) growing on it.

Pictures available he http://www.flickr.com/photos/36076712@N00/

Could someone please help me to identify the illness? Any tips on
treatment would be welcome.

Thanks,

Graham

If it is spreaded on a various parts of tree, it is what we call "cancer",
we usually cut it and burn it, plant can live but for how long I can't say,
I saw one old pear tree (50 years old, but about 10 years live with it and
now is at the end), maybe I'm wrong, but try some other opinion.

Old 03-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Graham Fawcett

Powerless Agronomist wrote:
"Graham Fawcett" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

I've moved into a new home that has a plum tree. The tree is bearing a
lot of fruit (not very tasty though) but it seems to have a rather
nasty fungus(?) growing on it.

If it is spreaded on a various parts of tree, it is what we call "cancer",
we usually cut it and burn it, plant can live but for how long I can't say,
I saw one old pear tree (50 years old, but about 10 years live with it and
now is at the end), maybe I'm wrong, but try some other opinion.

Thanks, P.A. It's quite widespread; I'll do a bit more research, but it
sounds like we'll have to take this tree down.

Graham

[IMG] code is On

Mystery Goldfish Illness Catweazle Ponds (alternative) 0 03-07-2016 07:12 PM
Need help identifying a tree... Ken123 Gardening 9 09-09-2006 03:43 AM
Orchid illness Larry Orchids 5 26-01-2005 04:48 AM
Coastal live oak illness? Luca de Alfaro Gardening 0 06-08-2003 06:14 AM
Chilli and illness! Little Badger United Kingdom 0 06-06-2003 12:44 AM