Old 31-03-2003, 06:32 AM
chriS RING

Default Need belt specs for troybuilt chipper

I just bought a used troybuilt 8hp "super Tomahawk" chipper/shredder.
After some tinkering Ive got it running OK, and it does its job
enthusiastically
Problem is, the drivebelt is very worn and stretched, and I cannot
read the print on it. I am sure it will break soon, and I would like
to be prepared with a replacement belt.
Has anyoone got this model chipper, with a manual?
Thanks in advance,
Chris in Austin
Old 31-03-2003, 01:08 PM
samuel l crowe

I have the 6HP Horse model. When I needed new belts a couple years back I
took an old one with me to the auto parts store and they measured it, sold
me the right one.

--
Sam
Along the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach SC
om...

Old 31-03-2003, 01:56 PM
McFadden57

good advice....the troy built belts tend to be expensive, and the comparable
ones from the auto parts store work just fine, and cheaper
Old 01-10-2005, 05:23 PM
Registered User

Location: Ottawa, Wisconsin, USA
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriS RING
I just bought a used troybuilt 8hp "super Tomahawk" chipper/shredder.
Has anyoone got this model chipper, with a manual?
Thanks in advance,
Chris in Austin
Let me know if you had any luck. I have a 10hp Troy Bilt and can't find my manual ANYWHERE. I, too, need to know the size of the belt. Have tried 37"--too small; tried a 39"--too big; just ordered a 38"--pretty sure this will work, but I don't want to go through this "hit and miss" for every repair. Where can I get a manual? Vic in Wisconsin
Old 04-10-2005, 09:44 PM
Charlie

I have found that many of the chippers sold by Sears were manufactured by
Troy. The Sears manual/parts list has been a help to me. You might want to
give it a try. PS: I have the 10 hp model.

"passantv" wrote in message
news

Old 07-10-2005, 07:29 PM
Cheryl Cato

I have a Troy-Bilt lawn tractor that I bought just before the MTD
takeover. When Ineeded deck belts I was directed to this URL:

http://www.buymtdonline.com/

I was able to get the parts I needed.

I also found a manual for a friends chipper from this site:

http://manuals.mtdproducts.com/mtd/public/list.jsp

Cheryl