Old 13-02-2003, 05:25 AM
B & J

Default A good word for Park Seed

It's pleasant to hear a good word put in for a good company. I have ordered
from Park for many years and have never been dissatisfied with their
products. At times I think they're a bit pricey, but I've always had good
results with their seeds, which means a great deal to me.

John
"Allegra" wrote in message
et...
Last year we ordered several things from Park Seed,
among them some Clethra Rosea and one Gruss an Aachen rose.
It was an impulse as I have never bought a rose from them
before but I have been happy with both their seeds and bulbs.

To make a long story short, Gruss an Aachen turned out to
be an impostor that remains totally unrecognized by me.
First it turned to have real weak necks, the blossoms balled
at the sight of a cloud and it was a very strange shade of white
green. I happened to have a photo of my old Gruss so I sent an
e explaining that this rose, whatever it was, was not Gruss an
Aachen. And that both Clethras never came out of dormancy,
they slept themselves to death I guess.

They were very attentive, offered to credit our card, I told them
no, the money was already spent as far as I was concerned and
I really wanted to keep my good opinion of them and their
plants and that the only way to do that was just simply to
replace the rose and the Clethras. Today a box arrived and inside
there were two Clethras in pots and a bare root with nice, long
roots and healthy eyes trying to open into the world. So, by the
same token I tell everyone here when a nursery behaves in any
way less than the desired one, I am here to tell you that this
company at least is both responsible and responsive to its
customers.

The plants arrived in good health and looking good, and as far
as I am concerned, Park Seed deserves the recognition. Now you
know in case you wonder if you should order from them.

Happy gardening everyone, (as soon we can that is...)

Allegra