How much soil for a 4X4 raised bed?

Old 18-06-2006, 12:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default How much soil for a 4X4 raised bed?

Does anyone know approximately how much soil I'll need for a raised 4X4
bed that is about 12 inches deep? I'm trying to decide if I can just
go with bags or if I'll need so much that I should just get a truck
load.

Thanks!

Old 18-06-2006, 02:11 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 17 Jun 2006 16:01:05 -0700, "Ima Googler"
wrote:

Does anyone know approximately how much soil I'll need for a raised 4X4
bed that is about 12 inches deep? I'm trying to decide if I can just
go with bags or if I'll need so much that I should just get a truck
load.

Sixteen cubic feet of dirt.
Old 18-06-2006, 02:28 AM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Does anyone know approximately how much soil I'll need for a raised 4X4
bed that is about 12 inches deep? I'm trying to decide if I can just
go with bags or if I'll need so much that I should just get a truck
load.

Sixteen cubic feet of dirt.

Thanks for the quick reply! I have four of these beds, so I guess I'll
need 64 cubic feet of dirt. Does that equal out to about 2 and 1/2
cubic yards? I think thats how they measure it when I get the
truckfull.

Old 18-06-2006, 02:45 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Ima Googler" wrote in message
oups.com
Does anyone know approximately how much soil I'll need for a
raised
4X4 bed that is about 12 inches deep? I'm trying to decide if
can just go with bags or if I'll need so much that I should
just
get a truck load.

Thanks!

That is why they teach math in school.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Old 18-06-2006, 07:19 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Ima Googler" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know approximately how much soil I'll need for a raised 4X4
bed that is about 12 inches deep? I'm trying to decide if I can just
go with bags or if I'll need so much that I should just get a truck
load.

Let's see...4x4x1 equals 16 cubic feet filled to the 12 inch line. That's
16/27 equals 0.6 cubic yard.

Old 18-06-2006, 08:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

Evidently your either lazy or never graduated from elementary
school.......how much sol for a 4 x 4 x 1
area..............duh........I am amazed some folks can even log onto
a computer or function in day to day things in life.

On 18 Jun 2006 13:01:21 -0700, "Ima Googler"
wrote:

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
"Ima Googler" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know approximately how much soil I'll need for a raised 4X4
bed that is about 12 inches deep? I'm trying to decide if I can just
go with bags or if I'll need so much that I should just get a truck
load.

Let's see...4x4x1 equals 16 cubic feet filled to the 12 inch line. That's
16/27 equals 0.6 cubic yard.

Thanks again everyone! I realize now that this was a simple math
question, but for some reason I thought it was more complicated. I'll
know from now on. ;-)