GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Neighbor's weeds drifting into my yard. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/147268-neighbors-weeds-drifting-into-my-yard.html)

George.com 01-07-2006 11:05 AM

Neighbor's weeds drifting into my yard.

"Marie" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I have a nice Floratam yard, but am having problems keeping my
neighbor's weeds from drifting onto it. The weed killers we buy in
Florida do little to prevent its expansion.

I would like to buils a "moat" of sorts but have no idea where to begin
or what kind of moat to build.

Suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you.

more information will help your cause. Are you talking about weed seeds, or
creeping weeds like wandering jew or whatever? How do they spread in to your
garden? Do you have a fence between you and the neighbour? Is it solid,
wood, brick? Do you have gardens along the shared boundary, what is in the
gardens? etc etc.

rob

Mindful 02-07-2006 12:04 AM

"Marie" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I have a nice Floratam yard, but am having problems keeping my
neighbor's weeds from drifting onto it. The weed killers we buy in
Florida do little to prevent its expansion.

I would like to buils a "moat" of sorts but have no idea where to begin
or what kind of moat to build.

Suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Mix it stronger and try using an anti-emergent weed killer. If one brand of
weed killer doesn't work, try another.

Ron Hardin 02-07-2006 01:03 AM

Marie wrote:

Hello,

I have a nice Floratam yard, but am having problems keeping my
neighbor's weeds from drifting onto it. The weed killers we buy in
Florida do little to prevent its expansion.

I would like to buils a "moat" of sorts but have no idea where to begin
or what kind of moat to build.

Suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Offer to get rid of the weeds in his yard.
--
Ron Hardin

Kay Lancaster 02-07-2006 10:42 AM

On 1 Jul 2006 14:28:15 -0700, Marie wrote:
Hello,

I have a nice Floratam yard, but am having problems keeping my
neighbor's weeds from drifting onto it. The weed killers we buy in
Florida do little to prevent its expansion.

Mow correctly and keep your lawn growing well. Weed seeds don't germinate
unless there's an opening for them. "Canopy closure" is one of the
most basic and effective methods of weed control.

Travis M. 02-07-2006 04:48 PM

"Marie" wrote in message
oups.com
Hello,

I have a nice Floratam yard, but am having problems keeping my
neighbor's weeds from drifting onto it. The weed killers we buy
in
Florida do little to prevent its expansion.

I would like to buils a "moat" of sorts but have no idea where
begin or what kind of moat to build.

Suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you.

What is a "Floratam" yard?

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5