Old 06-07-2006, 08:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
Blalack77

Default What is the easiest hydroponics method?

Once and for all, what is the easiest, cheapest, and most effective
form of hydroponics and how do you set it up from seedlings on? I'd be
extremely grateful to anyone who could answer that question.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:11 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

"Blalack77" wrote in message
ups.com...
Once and for all, what is the easiest, cheapest, and most effective
form of hydroponics and how do you set it up from seedlings on? I'd be
extremely grateful to anyone who could answer that question.

I don't know the answer, but I have questions. What kinds of plants do you
want to grow? And, why hydroponics?

Old 11-07-2006, 10:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Alan Sung

"Blalack77" wrote in message
ups.com...
Once and for all, what is the easiest, cheapest, and most effective
form of hydroponics and how do you set it up from seedlings on? I'd be
extremely grateful to anyone who could answer that question.

There's a large indoor hydroponic tomato growing operation in my town. They
germinate the seeds on spun rock wool. When they get larger, they are
transplanted into a larger piece of rock wool.

-al sung
Rapid Realm Technology, Inc.
Hopkinton, MA
Zone 6a

Old 28-07-2006, 07:59 AM posted to rec.gardens

Blalack77 wrote:
Once and for all, what is the easiest, cheapest, and most effective
form of hydroponics and how do you set it up from seedlings on? I'd be
extremely grateful to anyone who could answer that question.

Take a 3 gallon bucket, drill lots of small holes in the bottom, fill
it up with your choice of grow-medium and put your plant in it.
Attach an aquarium bubbler under the bucket, connect the bubbler to a
small air-pump.
Put the 3 gallon bucket with bubbler in a 5 gallon bucket (so the rim
rests on the bigger buckets rim), fill the 5 gallon bucket with
water/nutrient mix.
Turn on the bubbler and walk away!

Works better than drippers/ebb-flow.

/Soren

Old 29-07-2006, 07:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

Blalack77 wrote:

Once and for all, what is the easiest, cheapest, and most effective
form of hydroponics and how do you set it up from seedlings on? I'd be
extremely grateful to anyone who could answer that question.

check this out;
http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.js...&ref=apm_ sta

--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Old 30-07-2006, 06:09 PM posted to rec.gardens

http://weloveteaching.com/mypond/2000/p2000.htm
a veggie filter fed by koi. actually, using pots makes it easy to jab in fertilizer
spikes. Ingrid

Blalack77 wrote:
Once and for all, what is the easiest, cheapest, and most effective
form of hydroponics and how do you set it up from seedlings on? I'd be
extremely grateful to anyone who could answer that question.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com
Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan