Old 27-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Registered User

Question Rotary Hedge Trimmer

Hello,

On a gardening programme recently I saw an electric 'Rotary Hedge Trimmer' that seems to be trim/shred/bag the clippings.

Does anyone have experience of such a thing - any recommendations any advice?

Tony

Old 27-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Registered User

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Kanter
Call the manufacturer.
Gosh that's really helpful - they're hardly likely to tell me any faults now are they.....
Old 28-07-2006, 02:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:17:34 +0100, Tony-Wrexham
wrote:

Gosh that's really helpful - they're hardly likely to tell me any
faults now are they.....

http://www.hammacher.com/publish/728...=outdoorliving

12" blade indicates less than a 12" cutting width that you must match
on the next pass, without leaving any border cut fold over twigs that
pop up immediately after you sit down with a cool one. Rigged for
two handed operation probably means most of us can't handle it one
handed. Still want one? They only cost $150 and are guaranteed
for life. That probably means it will be too good to throw away and
too cumbersome to use comfortably and you will be stuck with that POS
for the rest of your natural life. Is that enough faults?

Regards,

Hal
Old 28-07-2006, 02:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

Doug Kanter Wrote:
Call the manufacturer.

Gosh that's really helpful - they're hardly likely to tell me any
faults now are they.....

Are you always such a whiner?

Old 28-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal
http://www.hammacher.com/publish/728...=outdoorliving

They only cost $150 and are guaranteed
for life. That probably means it will be too good to throw away and
too cumbersome to use comfortably and you will be stuck with that POS
for the rest of your natural life. Is that enough faults?
Thanks Hal - at least you gave me a viewpoint.
I'll see if anyone else has tried one.

I joined this forum to get help - not sarcastic comments from Doug Kanter.

Tony

Old 29-07-2006, 07:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:26:55 +0100, Tony-Wrexham
wrote:

Hal Wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/kkstc

They only cost $150 and are guaranteed
for life. That probably means it will be too good to throw away and
too cumbersome to use comfortably and you will be stuck with that POS
for the rest of your natural life. Is that enough faults?

Thanks Hal - at least you gave me a viewpoint.
I'll see if anyone else has tried one.

I joined this forum to get help - not sarcastic comments from Doug
Kanter.

Hi Tony,

Don't worry about Doug. He's just got his shorts in a bunch
right now. Hard to say why, most likely something in life is
bugging him... Some people are like that and Doug appears to
be one of them. If you happen to be reading the whole group
you will notice he is jabbing at a few others too right now.

Don't let it bother you

No experience with the Hedge trimmer, but it looks like it
has a pretty new patent, May 2005.

see this for a pdf of the patent:

http://www.pat2pdf.org/patents/pat6886258.pdf

The patent diagrams show an angle grinder with a special
cutter, shield and catcher bag. You can get angle grinders
made in China here for ~$15 on sale and I'll bet this is one
of them.

The product Hal linked to looks like a production version. I
didn't look too hard, but I would be curious to know if this
version has a patent number on it and if it is the same or
not.

If you bite on one, come back and tell us how well it works
;-)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

[IMG] code is On

Hedge trimmer attachment for a John Deere "Quik-tatch" string trimmer? [email protected] Gardening 0 10-03-2014 10:07 PM
Hedge trimmer recommendations Anthony James United Kingdom 3 18-01-2004 09:05 PM
Hedge trimmer suggestions Troy United Kingdom 9 27-08-2003 06:02 PM
Hedge trimmer PJ United Kingdom 0 05-08-2003 08:32 AM
Echo HC1500 Hedge Trimmer Bruce Trull Lawns 1 08-06-2003 06:20 PM