Old 11-02-2007, 07:32 AM
Registered User

Default Novice gardener

Hi to you all, i`m new here and new to gardening so please bear with me if my qusetions are rather basic.
I moved house resently and now have a 100ft garden at the rear which needs help. At the front of the house wa a large grass area with privit hefge all round. We now had a drive put in but have left the hedge on both sides.
We still have an area for planting and yesterday i bought 3 privit bushes to replace a bit that was taken out to do the drive which i planted yesterday.
The planting area i have is about 6ft by 15ft and the ground is clay. I need advice about what type of plants and shrubs would be good there, i`m looking for small shrubs which will flower in different seasons so that there is always colour in the front.
Sorry if i have been long winded, but i`m new to this.