Old 12-04-2003, 08:56 AM
paghat

Default Pounded stick in ground, now it's growing

I grabbed a stick out of the rubble pile last year, snipped it to size, &
stuck it in the ground to mark the spot of a perennial that was dying to
the ground. Lo these many months later I see that the stick has taken root
& is growing:

http://www.paghat.com/images/porchrosestick_apr.jpg

Minor quandry: I don't need another red rose, but it's such a heroic stick
I don't want to kill it.

Dunno if this would be the right time to put it in a pot so that at first
opportunity I can give it away.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 12-04-2003, 04:44 PM
Dave Fouchey

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 00:00:08 -0700,
(paghat) wrote:

I grabbed a stick out of the rubble pile last year, snipped it to size, &
stuck it in the ground to mark the spot of a perennial that was dying to
the ground. Lo these many months later I see that the stick has taken root
& is growing:

http://www.paghat.com/images/porchrosestick_apr.jpg

Minor quandry: I don't need another red rose, but it's such a heroic stick
I don't want to kill it.

Dunno if this would be the right time to put it in a pot so that at first
opportunity I can give it away.

-paghat the ratgirl

Don't see why not Paghat, looks like it is a pretty tough customer.

Dave
Old 12-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Warren

paghat wrote:
I grabbed a stick out of the rubble pile last year, snipped it to

size, &
stuck it in the ground to mark the spot of a perennial that was dying

the ground. Lo these many months later I see that the stick has taken

root
& is growing:

Just more proof that some people really do have green thumbs.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.

Old 12-04-2003, 07:20 PM
spampot

paghat wrote:
I grabbed a stick out of the rubble pile last year, snipped it to size, &
stuck it in the ground to mark the spot of a perennial that was dying to
the ground. Lo these many months later I see that the stick has taken root
& is growing:

http://www.paghat.com/images/porchrosestick_apr.jpg

Minor quandry: I don't need another red rose, but it's such a heroic stick
I don't want to kill it.

Dunno if this would be the right time to put it in a pot so that at first
opportunity I can give it away.

-paghat the ratgirl

Hey, Pag, have you seen the movie "Enchanted April"?
Maybe it's oleander.

Old 12-04-2003, 11:56 PM
it's me

paghat wrote:

I grabbed a stick out of the rubble pile last year, snipped it to size, &
stuck it in the ground to mark the spot of a perennial that was dying to
the ground. Lo these many months later I see that the stick has taken root
& is growing:

http://www.paghat.com/images/porchrosestick_apr.jpg

Minor quandry: I don't need another red rose, but it's such a heroic stick
I don't want to kill it.

Dunno if this would be the right time to put it in a pot so that at first
opportunity I can give it away.

-paghat the ratgirl

My Son built a fence from trees he cut and some of the posts started to
send out shoots.

Kevin

Old 15-04-2003, 12:44 AM
jammer

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 22:46:01 GMT, it's me
wrote:

My Son built a fence from trees he cut and some of the posts started to
send out shoots.

Kevin

That would be very cool! A living fence!

Going out to plant some sticks....

Old 17-04-2003, 12:44 AM
Ann

spampot expounded:

Hey, Pag, have you seen the movie "Enchanted April"?
Maybe it's oleander.

What a wonderful movie! It's on my top ten list.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA