Old 15-04-2003, 09:32 PM
fantabular

Default critters keep eating my tomatoes

I keep having a problem with squirrels and birds eating up my tomatoes
just as they ripen on the vine. What's a good way to keep those
varmints away?
Thanks in advance,
brian
Old 15-04-2003, 09:56 PM
Trish K.

fantabular wrote:

I keep having a problem with squirrels and birds eating up my tomatoes
just as they ripen on the vine. What's a good way to keep those
varmints away?
Thanks in advance,
brian

you sure it's not slugs?

Old 16-04-2003, 05:32 PM
fantabular

Yeah, we're positive it's one of the following:
1-rabbits
2-squirrels
3-birds

We have all three constantly running around our yard.
What should I use to keep them away?
-brian
Old 16-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Dan Kaiser

I have found that, especially with birds, putting a bucket or large bowl of
water near the garden keeps them from eating the tomatoes. It seems they are
just thirsty. This seems to be a particularly bad problem during dry spells.

D a n