How do I STOP walnut from producing fruit?

Old 26-03-2007, 09:05 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default How do I STOP walnut from producing fruit?

Does anyone out there have any idea how to PREVENT a walnut tree from
producing fruit? I have built a deck around the tree and after last
fall I am just about ready to set the tree on fire. The squirrels are
ranning havoc on the tree and dropping fruit to the ground and the
deck. Its was a total fiasco last year with stains, husks, etc.
Rather than killing the three, is there any way to stop it from
fruiting?

Thank you!