Old 30-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Registered User

Location: Surrey, England
Default Crocuses

So my crocuses have done their flowering bit and now are jusr long green/white leaves. I'm new to gardening, what do I do with them now?

Old 01-05-2008, 04:08 AM posted to rec.gardens

Richard Ansell wrote:
So my crocuses have done their flowering bit and now are jusr long
green/white leaves. I'm new to gardening, what do I do with them now?

Richard,

Just leave them alone until they turn yellow (or brown). The leaves
help "feed" the bulb for next year's bloom. A little bone meal will
help too.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL

Old 01-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Registered User

Location: Surrey, England

Thanks for the reply, Bill. Just leaving them sounds a good option to me. I've got some bone meal so will use that too.

Richard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill R View Post
Richard Ansell wrote:
So my crocuses have done their flowering bit and now are jusr long
green/white leaves. I'm new to gardening, what do I do with them now?

Richard,

Just leave them alone until they turn yellow (or brown). The leaves
help "feed" the bulb for next year's bloom. A little bone meal will
help too.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL

[IMG] code is On

crocuses martin United Kingdom 2 11-03-2004 12:47 AM
crocuses martin United Kingdom 0 11-03-2004 12:44 AM
Crocuses crocuses crocuses paghat Gardening 5 12-02-2004 04:12 AM
Crocuses!! MadGardener Gardening 20 02-03-2003 01:39 PM
Why are My Crocuses growing ? Kate Morgan United Kingdom 0 28-09-2002 11:33 PM