Old 07-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Registered User

Angry Hozelock AC1+ Water Timer

Anyone had a problem with a Hozelock timer? I have just installed a system, very exciting, but I am now pulling my hair out. The system has an AC1+ timer screwed under the tap and then a pressure reducer screwed into the bottom of it, just like the illustration on the box. The main black tube leads of that and there is a "T" joint after about 12 inches so that it branches into two. All was well for a couple of weeks and then the unit filled with water, which sprayed out of every orifice, and then it died. I bought a replacement while I wait for another under the guarantee but it did the same thing after about 20 minutes. I wonder if there's a problem with my water pressure - doesn't sound likely. I will get in touch with Hozelock next week but I just wondered if this sounds familiar to anyone. There was a bonking noise from the pressure reducer - maybe that was significant..........
Old 09-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Seaford View Post
[...]
I have used two of these timers for a couple of years now without any problem and for two to go belly-up in quick succession suggests you may have a problem elsewhere. Do you know what your water pressure is? If you haven't already called Hozelock, their helpline people on 0121 313 1122 are very good imho.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Registered User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanZ View Post
I have used two of these timers for a couple of years now without any problem and for two to go belly-up in quick succession suggests you may have a problem elsewhere. Do you know what your water pressure is? If you haven't already called Hozelock, their helpline people on 0121 313 1122 are very good imho.
Thank you very much for taking the trouble to respond, beanz. Yes, Hozelock were indeed very helpful and are sending me a new timer plus a different regulator for high pressure. Fingers crossed!