Old 25-09-2008, 01:25 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Raised bed hardware

My "to do" list includes a series of raised beds in my backyard for next
year. I was going to knock together some 4'x8' beds made out of 2x10
lumber when I received the Lee Valley gardening catalog ( also on the web
at www.leevalley.com ).

They are selling heavy duty galvanized hardware that's intended to be mounted
on a 2x4. The hardware will hold a 1'x2' garden paver (they use 2'x2' pavers)
vertically as side walls on a garden bed. There's enough hardware in their
kit to hold twelve pavers with a frame on the bottom and on the top. The side
and corner pieces are also available seperately.

I'm considering using one inch thick bluestone instead of pavers. Bluestone
goes for $4.60 per square foot in inch thick pieces and $5.15 per square
foot if I get inch and a half thick. I could get a permanent bed for about
$170 with 1 inch stone and the connector kit from lee valley. I'm trying to
decide whether or not to use 1.5 inch stone - it only adds $13 to the total
but makes moving the stone around harder.
Old 26-09-2008, 03:55 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sep 24, 7:25*pm, Ed Clarke wrote:
My "to do" list includes a series of raised beds in my backyard for next
year. *I was going to knock together some 4'x8' beds made out of 2x10
lumber when I received the Lee Valley gardening catalog ( also on the web
atwww.leevalley.com).

They are selling heavy duty galvanized hardware that's intended to be mounted
on a 2x4. The hardware will hold a 1'x2' garden paver (they use 2'x2' pavers)
vertically as side walls on a garden bed. *There's enough hardware in their
kit to hold twelve pavers with a frame on the bottom and on the top. The side
and corner pieces are also available seperately.

If you posted a link to the hardware in question, or at least gave us
it's name, I could give you better replies.

As it is I can't find them.