Old 08-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Registered User

Default Plants that Dogs dont like

Hi all

Im brand new to the forum

Hopefully will be asking lots of questions

Can anyone tell me what type of plants/shrubs can I plant alongside my fence to DISTRACT dogs from fouling on them??

Thanx in advance for any help or advice
Old 08-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Registered User

Just thought I would add an image to show you the fence on the right of the pond to maybe help with suggestions

Old 08-04-2009, 05:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Jimgentracer" wrote:

Can anyone tell me what type of plants/shrubs can I plant alongside my
fence to DISTRACT dogs from fouling on them??

Electrical plants.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Registered User

hahaha

wife said that too

Oh well other than get rid of dogs not sure what to do

and thats not happening!
Old 09-04-2009, 01:21 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Apr 8, 12:48*pm, "brooklyn1" wrote:
"Jimgentracer" wrote:

Can anyone tell me what type of plants/shrubs can I plant alongside my
fence to DISTRACT dogs from fouling on them??

Electrical plants.

How about plants with great big thorns?

Old 09-04-2009, 12:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

Jimgentracer wrote in
:

Oh well other than get rid of dogs not sure what to do
and thats not happening!

well, i have 4 dogs, from a Great Pyranees/Border Collie down to a
Boston Terrier. they either go out on a lead or they go into the dog
play yard. they don't mess up the gardens.
if you want nice gardens, make the dogs a play yard. use the fence
to grow pretty non-toxic vines.
lee
Old 09-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Registered User

Thnx Lee

Our spaniels go for a daily walk 3 miles to the river Towy

They unfortunately have no area or space to make a specific dog yard

We do have Honeysuckle and Clematis planted on the wire fencing as suggested

I was just wondering if there was that "magic" keep dogs away plant out there

I dont want to harm my dogs

just deter them from cocking up the damn Lavender or any other shrub which they take fancy too hahaha

I will persevere as is

we are planting 100 plus sweet peas along the fence this year to develop colour and hopefully sweet smells

fingers crossed it works

and legs crossed for the dogs hopefully hahaha
Old 10-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Registered User

My Labrador said he hates all shrubs, but everything else is fine.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:49 PM
Registered User

well I can honestly say Im happy to hear that

although my Spaniels are taking their name to its full entirety by cocking their legs up anything

They are COCKER spaniels HAHAHAHA
Old 11-04-2009, 01:06 AM posted to rec.gardens

--
Jimgentracer

Dogs like men, **** on anything. Dogs and other species use urine to mark
territory. Doesn't matter what they go on as nothing is touching their
outlet for marking said territory at time of marking. These are male of
said species usually for obvious reasons. Dogs are more likely to **** on
the fenceline area as that's obviously the extent of their territory. I
haven't found any plant species that a dog won't **** on. or near while
marking their territory. In a addition, a dog does not peruse the odor of
what it ****es on prior to doing so. Afterwards, sometimes. Conclusion:
don't waste your time....
--
Dave
If you don't like the weather in Central Texas, just give it a minute...

Old 11-04-2009, 02:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
[...]

All true, and male dogs don't care whose leg they hump either, even a piano
leg. But let's not lose sight of all the facts, bitches will wiggle their
butts everywhere, for anyone, and they mark their territory too, but they
use a different source of pheremones, dog bitches like women bitches don't
care where they rub there thingie, your lawn, your carpet, or your bed...
and male dogs aren't sniffing bitches butts, that's bitches rubbing it in
their face... women do exactly the same. hehe

Old 11-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Registered User

Thanks all

I get the picture

and we maybe taking this that one step too far lol

I now decided to join the dogs and urinate on my fence!

In the hope some bitch comes along and wiggles her butt at me HAHAHA

If yer cant beat em Join em

seriously

Thanks again

Its been fun
Old 12-04-2009, 10:31 AM posted to rec.gardens

"brooklyn1" wrote in message

[...]

One of my neighbor's dogs got loose last year. I forget the breed. He was
at least 120 lbs, and seemed lean. I'm 6', and this dog's shoulders were
even with my top hip level. Anyway, this dog, out of domination of the area
neighborhood, ****ed the exterior border of the fenceline in a few places.
Drove my dogs crazy. I've never seen a bitch marking a territory under
circumstances like that. They seem to need peace and contentment before
marking.
--
Dave

Old 13-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dioclese View Post
"brooklyn1" wrote in message

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
"Jimgentracer"
wrote in message

[...]

Hah more spaniels destroying a garden. As the owner of 2 working cocker spaniels I can fully sympathise with you. Mine are both bitches and believe me they both have given my garden a good bashing. I don't have your problem but, my youngest cocker thinks all emerging plants are there for her to dig up and the older one believes our pond is her personal paddling pool. Little horrors but I wouldn't be without them. They make me use my brain through the need to outwit them. Sadly the pond is going. I know when I'm beat. There is no way I can section a part of our garden off for them and they get hours off lead exercise every day.
Old 19-04-2009, 04:26 PM posted to rec.gardens

one reason I have raised beds. but they still cause "winter kill". and mine are
little guys. I had the garden itself blocked off until last year for a little
construction, but then it was open and my azalea suffered. INgrid

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 19:06:53 -0500, "Dioclese" NONE wrote:
Dogs like men, **** on anything.

[IMG] code is On

Dont cha wish ur gf was hot like me??? [email protected] Gardening 0 06-07-2006 03:35 AM
dogs and shade plants R B North Carolina 3 01-05-2003 05:47 PM
Plants Toxic to Dogs Willow Australia 2 05-04-2003 06:37 AM
Plants Toxic to Dogs Willow Australia 2 01-04-2003 10:20 AM
dogs and shade plants R B North Carolina 2 29-03-2003 02:08 AM