Old 30-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Registered User

Default Rotavator repair

Hi guys,
I have been given a Templar Tiller rotavator with a Briggs and Stratton engine. Cannot find a model number! Unfortunately it will not start. There is no spark at the plug so I have started to disassemble. From behind the flywheel 2 black wires emerge. 1 of the wires goes to the coil but the other slightly smaller single strand black wire is disconnected. Do any oof you know were that wire should be connected to?
Best wishes
Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 30/04/2013 19:40, langmad wrote:
Hi guys,
I have been given a Templar Tiller rotavator with a Briggs and Stratton
engine. Cannot find a model number! Unfortunately it will not start.
There is no spark at the plug so I have started to disassemble. From
behind the flywheel 2 black wires emerge. 1 of the wires goes to the
coil but the other slightly smaller single strand black wire is
disconnected. Do any oof you know were that wire should be connected
to?
Best wishes

Maybe the thread here will help:
http://www.kitchengarden.co.uk/forum...hp?f=10&t=3645

Or if you still can't find the number, looking through the manuals
listed here might reveal where the wire goes:
http://www.allotment.org.uk/articles/rotovator.php

Often different brand names are used for identical machines, so it could
be there under a different name.

--

Jeff
Old 02-05-2013, 09:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 20:40:01 +0200
langmad wrote:

snip
I have been given a Templar Tiller rotavator with a Briggs and Stratton
engine. Cannot find a model number!

Briggs & Stratton has a pretty decent website. I've always been
able to find manuals there. For some really old stuff too.

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/

Select "Manuals" in the top menu bar and it will step you through the
process of locating/identifying your model number so you can find the
appropriate manual for it.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b