Old 29-05-2009, 03:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default fORMULA 409 CLEANER AS A INSECTICIDE ON ROSES?

Freckles wrote:
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"hr(bob) " wrote in message
On May 28, 6:24 am, Frank wrote:
Freckles wrote:
"Freckles" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Freckles" wrote in message
Just read the safety warning on a bottle of 409. It has the
identical
safety warning as the organic insect killing soap sprays I have.
Has anyone ever tried Formula 409 on their roses or flowers to see
if
it will kill the insects and not hurt the plants?
Freckles
Mind if I ask how old you are? I'll explain after you tell me your
age.
I'm over 21 and under 100. What has my age got to do with the answer
my question?
Because I can't understand how you came to the bizarre conclusion
that
identical safety warnings meant two entirely different products could
be
used in the same way.
Because IT CAN!
Look Formula 409 up on Google and learn something.
Freckles
What words are you searching on google? I didn't find anything saying
to use it in the garden. It will definitely kill some bugs.
http://www.biosci.ohio-state.edu/saf...%20CLEANER.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butoxyethanol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylene_oxide
I think I used "Formula 409+insecticide"
One person said their roses were being eaten up by pest until he tried
using
Formula 409 spray on them. He said it worked miracles and his roses are
now
looking great.
With only one opinion, I asked my question about Formula 409 on this
Newsgroup. I was hoping for some useful information and all I've
received so
far, besides your question, is some juvenile delinquent playing like an
ignorant whatever.
Freckles
You ask a stupid question then flame the respondents. What did you
expect?- Hide quoted text -

Frank - It was a legitimate question, your reply was asinine!!
===========

If 10 products all say "For external use only" on their labels, are these
products all the same?

The question was about only one product which is know to kill insects as
well as being a good cleaning agent.

In case you have forgotten, that question was:

Has anyone ever tried Formula 409 on their roses or flowers to see if it
will kill the insects and not hurt the plants?

And it has yet to be answered.

Freckles

Here is an answer from a lurker. I have tried 409 mixed with equal parts
of water and rubbing alcohol sprayed on orchids and it did not hurt the
plants. It did kill some bugs.

--
Patrick

Go USF Bulls!

Old 29-05-2009, 05:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Patrick" wrote

Here is an answer from a lurker. I have tried 409 mixed with equal parts
of water and rubbing alcohol sprayed on orchids and it did not hurt the
plants. It did kill some bugs.

Are you kidding or what... the alcohol alone, even diluted, would have
killed some bugs. Naturally I don't believe you sprayed alcohol on your
orchids, not if you know anything about plants, rubbing alcohol would
definitely have hurt your orchids, rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) is the
solvent for chlorophyll.

Old 29-05-2009, 07:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

hr(bob) wrote:
"Freckles" wrote in message
Just read the safety warning on a bottle of 409. It has the identical
safety warning as the organic insect killing soap sprays I have.
Has anyone ever tried Formula 409 on their roses or flowers to see if
it will kill the insects and not hurt the plants?
Freckles
Mind if I ask how old you are? I'll explain after you tell me your
age.
I'm over 21 and under 100. What has my age got to do with the answer to
[...]

It is an incredibly stupid question. I have degrees in chemistry and
have written more than a few MSDS's and labels. Warnings for totally
different chemicals can be identical. This was the basis of his
question which I note he has dropped further in the thread. Who cares
if 409 works on plants? What about Windex or Murphy's Oil Soap?
Old 30-05-2009, 01:27 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Mycosimian wrote:

On May 27, 3:39*pm, "Freckles" wrote:
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

m...

"Freckles" wrote in message
news:MvudnX2AUPtZ4YDXnZ2dnUVZ_tednZ2d@giganews. com...
[...]

Just have to hit them with it really hard ;O)
--

- Billy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En2TzBE0lp4

Old 30-05-2009, 01:31 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Freckles" wrote in message
Just read the safety warning on a bottle of 409. It has the identical
safety warning as the organic insect killing soap sprays I have.

Has anyone ever tried Formula 409 on their roses or flowers to see if
it will kill the insects and not hurt the plants?

Freckles

Mind if I ask how old you are? I'll explain after you tell me your
age.

I'm over 21 and under 100. What has my age got to do with the answer to
my question?

Because I can't understand how you came to the bizarre conclusion that
identical safety warnings meant two entirely different products could be
used in the same way.

Because IT CAN!

Look Formula 409 up on Google and learn something.

Freckles

Then why did you ask?

Can't you read? Try reading my post! If it's beyond your grade level ask
your mom or dad for help.

Woo Hoo. Feckless is back ;O)

Old 30-05-2009, 03:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Billy" wrote in message
In article
,
Mycosimian wrote:

On May 27, 3:39 pm, "Freckles" wrote:
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

m...

"Freckles" wrote in message
[...]

You have the whack the bugs using the Formula 409 bottle itself, not the
contents. :-)

Old 14-06-2018, 12:09 AM posted to rec.gardens

There are a lot of stupid people who don't mind their own business if you don't have anything helpful to say don't say anything at all it is not a stupid question to ask if 409 will kill bugs on your plants without hurting them I have two clients that use 409 to kill the slugs in their garden and it works better than any chemical spray you can get and one of my ladies sprays 409 on all of her outdoor plants and it kills the bugs and does not hurt the plants so for all of the idiots out there that think they know everything shut up and get a life and to the guy who or girl who wanted to know yes you can spray 409 on your outdoor plants and it will not hurt them and it was a great question
Old 21-12-2018, 08:28 PM posted to rec.gardens

You are absolutely right! D-limonene is the main ingredient in Formula 409 if you look it up you will finde that it can be used as insecticide. And no, it will not hurt the plants, pets or humans.
Old 10-04-2021, 04:31 PM posted to rec.gardens

My rose bushes went from gorgeous to shriveled overnight. Just realized I accidentally sprayed them with 409 instead of NEEM oil. Do NOT use 409 on your rose bushes!

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/garden...ses-85715-.htm