Old 26-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Registered User

Smile Help me identify! Save a plant's life!

Hi all! My first post! I need help to identify a plant I was given so I know how to care for it.

it has is light green, long 'hand like' leaves, some with 5 fingers (the middle one the longest), the most distinct feature are the roots which are like orchid roots from where the new leaves spring. These roots are covered in little hairs and grow over the side of the pot!

When I was given it, the leaves wre becoming yellow and dry to a dark brown. the texture of the leaves are a little waxy but it reminds me of a fern of some sort but I cannot find any pics of it anywhere.

It was a hosueplant but I am not sure if it would be better off in the garden. I repotted it and watered it but this seems to make it worse, it hasn't responded to exposure to light at all. So I'm perplexed!!

Please help! Any ideas / ID welcome!

regards,
Fran
Old 26-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Registered User

Smile

fran9999;881454]Hi all! My first post! I need help to identify a plant I was given so I know how to care for it.

it has is light green, long 'hand like' leaves, some with 5 fingers (the middle one the longest), the most distinct feature are the roots which are like orchid roots from where the new leaves spring. These roots are covered in little hairs and grow over the side of the pot!

When I was given it, the leaves wre becoming yellow and dry to a dark brown. the texture of the leaves are a little waxy but it reminds me of a fern of some sort but I cannot find any pics of it anywhere.

It was a hosueplant but I am not sure if it would be better off in the garden. I repotted it and watered it but this seems to make it worse, it hasn't responded to exposure to light at all. So I'm perplexed!!

Please help! Any ideas / ID welcome!

regards,
Fran

if u were able to show us a picture of the plant then we might be able to
identify it for u.
a good way to do that is to take a pic then put it in photobucket or some
other free photo site and then post the link back here to garden banter.
good luck and hopefully we can help. cyaaaaaaa, sockiescat.