Old 22-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Registered User

Angry Repairs to RYOBI 30cc Strimmer

I have a RYOBI PLT-3043YE 2-stroke 'expand-it' strimmer. Just a year old. The mechanism that retracts the starter cord has broken. Unfortunately you must remove the motor completely to get to this part (even to replace a broken pull-cord). I live about 10 miles from Ipswich and the nearest RYOBI service agent is in Norwich (about 60 miles or so away), which means it is almost as cheap to buy a new machine as it is to make the multiple journeys necessary to get the machine repaired.
I have been to all the local repairers that I can find, none of which will touch RYOBI as the minimum spares order is £200 and there is some new policy which says they must sell over £25000 of RYOBI equipment p.a.
I have contacted RYOBI by email but have had no reply. To say I am not impressed by this company is an understatement.
Does anyone in the vicinity of Ipswich have any suggestions of a repairer in the area. I have tried the main ones.