Old 10-10-2010, 12:48 AM
Registered User

Default planting a new rose bed

any suggestions as to heavily scented roses; alternatively, exceptionally beautiful roses for a new bed which I aim to plant out this backend?
a list of 10 each of scented and beautiful ones would be much appreciated please!
thanks.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:32 AM posted to rec.gardens

jmrdumfries wrote:
any suggestions as to heavily scented roses; alternatively,
exceptionally beautiful roses for a new bed which I aim to plant out
this backend?
a list of 10 each of scented and beautiful ones would be much
appreciated please!
thanks.

Try this:

http://www.burkesbackyard.com.au/fac...med-Roses/1667

If you love your roses I can recommend the book by Valerie Swane mentioned
at the end, she is highly respected and has written a number of books
regarded as "the bible" in Australia.

David

Old 10-10-2010, 07:16 AM posted to rec.gardens

"jmrdumfries" wrote in message

any suggestions as to heavily scented roses;

My personl favourites for strong rose pong are 'Mr Lincoln" and 'Papa
Meilland' - both deep red, but then I don't find that a problem.