Old 18-11-2018, 12:56 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Flour & cement powder rat poison - queries

wrote:
On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 15:11:05 -0600, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

We don't own any cats. We have several 'wild' cats that move in and out
of our small farm.
Every now and then we know when one ventured to close to a big snake and
they are found dead. Cats kill small snakes. I have King snakes that
eat rattle snakes. They love
to move through a nesting area and have an early lunch. Kings don't
bother people or anything but snakes. Coral snakes look like them but
are eaten by Kings.

East Texas is home to some large and deadly snakes. The big nasty one
attacks for fun.
It can 'leap' 6-8 feet from where it is lying. Can kill a grown person
within steps from attack.

Martin

On 4/14/2016 12:44 PM, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote:
replying to Brooklyn1, Kevin Kirkpatrick wrote:
Living on a farm you have barn cats that live outside year round even in
cold
climates. They are great hunters and the only issue is they get the song
birds too at times.

Bullshit, feral cats very rarely bother birds... why waste energy
hunting critters that can fly off when rodents are far easier prey.
It's house cats that people let out that go after birds... house cats
are well fed so they hunt birds for entertinment.
Barn cats don't hunt birds, barn cats hunt the rodents that are eating
the livestock feed

Popeye, pull up yoose pants, and put yoose tallywhacker back in, and zip up!

And quit humping those damn stray cats ... yoose gonna get yoose little
tool scratched one of these days.

Old 29-11-2018, 12:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

replying to Brooklyn1, David wrote:
Your comment is out of order. Nobody "needs to be poisoned" for making a
mistake.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...es-617335-.htm

Old 29-11-2018, 12:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

replying to Brooklyn1, David wrote:
more cats die from gun shot than from any other cause.

Old age no longer factors into the death of cats?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...es-617335-.htm

Old 09-06-2019, 02:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens
Bf Bf is offline

replying to Gas Bag, Bf wrote:
You need to also add a generous amount of salt, about 1tablespoon per mugfull
of mixture. Remove all drinking sources from inside and setup a few water
stations outside this will draw them out to drink so they don't die.inside

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...es-617335-.htm

Old 24-06-2019, 10:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

replying to Pen68, Gmcman28 wrote:
Spray foam !! Used it in the storage locker where my boss used to store his
Potato Chips. Quit having mouse problems after that..

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...es-617335-.htm

Old 11-08-2019, 09:55 AM posted to rec.gardens

Snap traps and cage traps with peanut butter work for me. Trying 50/50 cement and corn meal right now.

Dnti keave friut on trees or groubpnd.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:02 PM posted to rec.gardens

🙌🏼100 msjs £58
👊🏼Xanax 100 for 80
😈tramadol 10 a strip
Quetiapine teva ! 60 taps £35
😍 gabapentin teva 100 caps £45
😎Naproxen teva ! 500mg 28 tabs £25
🤪dibhdrocodeine 30mg £30
😈Zops £10 strip
malaseanuse88 @ gmail . com

Old 23-10-2020, 12:56 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at 4:58:22 AM UTC-8, Gas Bag wrote:
I've recently come across some articles that mention you can make your
own "non-toxic" rat/mouse posion by making a 50:50 mixture of regular/
corn flour and cement powder. They eat the mixture, then go in search
of water. Once they drink some water....game over. I have a few
specific questions, in relation to this D.I.Y. rat poison.
- How effective is this mixture at killing rats and/or mice?
- Assuming you place this mixture indoors (e.g. in the roof space),
will this poison ONLY take effect once the rodent goes outside for a
drink of water? The reason being, I'd want to avoid at-all-costs
having Ratty "snuff it" in my roof space, then having the most God-
awful smell to contend with a few days later.
- Is there anything that can be added to this mixture that would make
it extremely enticing to rats and/or mice? e.g. Powdered parmesan
cheese, sugar, salt, a little soy/fish sauce, some type of finely
chopped meat (raw or cooked)? I am just taking a wild guess here, as
I don't know what would attract them.
- Most of all, would tile grouting powder, used for bathroom tiling,
work just as well as cement powder in this D.I.Y. mixture?
I really would appreciate some advice. Thanks.

They do eat the mixture especially if you cook the flour in a frying pan until it turns slightly brown, then mix in the concrete. I don't know what happens to the rats because mine are outdoors underground.

Old 02-12-2020, 01:15 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

I use this and it works great- I use a yogurt container to keep it contained and dry by the chickens.I use chick starter feed and cement

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...es-617335-.htm

Old 10-12-2020, 12:02 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

Sometimes you have to start with higher percentage of flour. They will die where they die. No guarantees. As they learn to eat it increase dry cement. At least my dogs and cats didn't eat it. Kills all rodents.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...es-617335-.htm

Old 02-04-2021, 07:12 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Dec 09, 2020, Briscoe wrote
(in articlenews:164f31fac4ba98bd$1$927026$4036de63@ne ws.newsgroupdirect.com):

Sometimes you have to start with higher percentage of flour.

Glutin free?

Ron, the humblest guy in town.

Old 19-04-2021, 12:31 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

Ah u must be American. most of yr urban wildlife- aka birds, small mammals, lizards etc already dead due to pussycats.
Here in Australia, cats are considered feral animals altho they are still widespread as pets. They kill native birds, small possums, etc at a rate of about 100/year. Most rodent poisons have a secondary kill in them which takes out owls and other predators who eat the poisoned rodent.
Try the cement flour method and leave access to water right outside the building w the infestation. Might just do the trick without harm to native wildlife.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...es-617335-.htm

Old 19-04-2021, 12:39 AM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.consumers.pest-control,rec.gardens

On 4/18/2021 7:31 PM, Una wrote:
Ah u must be American.* most of yr urban wildlife- aka birds, small
mammals, lizards etc already dead due to pussycats.
Here in Australia, cats are considered feral animals altho they are
still widespread as pets.* They kill native birds, small possums, etc at
a rate of about 100/year.* Most rodent poisons have a secondary kill in
them which takes out owls and other predators who eat the poisoned
rodent. Try the cement flour method and leave access to water right
outside the building w the infestation.* Might just do the trick without
harm to native wildlife.

Might be of interest to note that rodents cannot throw up. Once they
swallow a poison they can only excrete it. That is one reason why they
are used to test toxicity of substances.