Old 19-04-2011, 08:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default What is the name of this flower?

Hello, Everyone:

Could anyone tell what the name of the following flower is?

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o...l/51181644.jpg

The photo was taken recently at the Vienna Central Cemetery (Wiener
Zentralfriedhof).

Thank you for reading and replying.

--Roland
Old 19-04-2011, 08:19 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
qquito wrote:

Hello, Everyone:

Could anyone tell what the name of the following flower is?

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o...l/51181644.jpg

The photo was taken recently at the Vienna Central Cemetery (Wiener
Zentralfriedhof).

Thank you for reading and replying.

--Roland

Looks like a strawflower. Guessing.

Good photo BTW.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

"The best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow." - Anon

Old 19-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill who putters View Post
In article
,
qquito
wrote:

Hello, Everyone:

Could anyone tell what the name of the following flower is?

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o...l/51181644.jpg

The photo was taken recently at the Vienna Central Cemetery (Wiener
Zentralfriedhof).

Thank you for reading and replying.

--Roland

Looks like a strawflower. Guessing.

Good photo BTW.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

"The best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow." - Anon
looks like Bellis perennis flora plena (double daisy) ?
Lannerman
Old 20-04-2011, 12:33 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Apr 19, 6:53*pm, "Nelly" wrote:
"Nelly" *wrote in ...

* *http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o...l/51181644.jpg

English daisy, if I'm not mistaken.

Compahttp://www.flowerspictures.org/flowe...h-daisy_1.html

Nelly: I think you are absolutely correct. With this name, I have
found many photos of the kind in my original post. Thank you.

Also thank Bill for the suggestion!

--Roland

Old 20-04-2011, 04:06 AM posted to rec.gardens

"qquito" wrote in message

On Apr 19, 6:53 pm, "Nelly" wrote:
"Nelly" wrote in ...

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o...l/51181644.jpg

English daisy, if I'm not mistaken.

Compahttp://www.flowerspictures.org/flowe...h-daisy_1.html

Nelly: I think you are absolutely correct. With this name, I have
found many photos of the kind in my original post. Thank you.

Also thank Bill for the suggestion!

========

I'm glad you shared. They look so adorable in that picture, I'll now have to
investigate the possibiliyt of growing them myself.