Old 21-06-2011, 07:18 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default What kind of flowers are these?

I live in the Denver area and while out driving today, saw some amazing
flowers they were growing on a parkway.

They were small yellow flowers in a kind of conical vertical spray shape,
about a foot long and pointed at the sky, with the smaller top of the cone
truncated.

Does anyone know what those are, please?

--
- The Planetary Bill of Rights Project
If you value your life, freedom, peace and prosperity, read it!
Old 21-06-2011, 01:54 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
The Planetary Bill of Rights Project wrote:

I live in the Denver area and while out driving today, saw some amazing
flowers they were growing on a parkway.

They were small yellow flowers in a kind of conical vertical spray shape,
about a foot long and pointed at the sky, with the smaller top of the cone
truncated.

Does anyone know what those are, please?

Sounds like Ratibida columnifera (Prairie Coneflower or Mexican Hat).
Old 21-06-2011, 09:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

Amos Nomore wrote :

In article ,
The Planetary Bill of Rights Project wrote:

I live in the Denver area and while out driving today, saw some amazing
flowers they were growing on a parkway.

They were small yellow flowers in a kind of conical vertical spray
shape, about a foot long and pointed at the sky, with the smaller top
of the cone truncated.

Does anyone know what those are, please?

Sounds like Ratibida columnifera (Prairie Coneflower or Mexican Hat).

No, this was about a foot tall vertical cone shape, but the cone was made up
of like a mist of tiny yellow flowers, it was amazing. I need to take a photo
of it if I can get back there.

Old 21-06-2011, 10:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

Amos Nomore wrote :

In article ,
The Planetary Bill of Rights Project wrote:

I live in the Denver area and while out driving today, saw some
amazing flowers they were growing on a parkway.

They were small yellow flowers in a kind of conical vertical spray
shape, about a foot long and pointed at the sky, with the smaller top
of the cone truncated.

Does anyone know what those are, please?

Sounds like Ratibida columnifera (Prairie Coneflower or Mexican Hat).

No, this was about a foot tall vertical cone shape, but the cone was
made up of like a mist of tiny yellow flowers, it was amazing. I need to
take a photo of it if I can get back there.

Spray of yellow, that's the term I was looking for. They're about a foot tall
conical shaped spray of tiny yellow flowers with the top end of the conical
shape rounded.