Old 22-07-2018, 01:32 PM
Registered User

Default Sweet Pea infestation

Hello

My sweet pea flowers are covered with a very small insect this year which I can't identify (I can't even see it properly with my old eyes). I have taken a photo which shows it rather better than I can see it.

They seem to be present within the flower bud just before opening as far as I can see (along with the odd pollen beetle)

I can't pick a bunch to bring into the house as they get everywhere.

Can anyone help identify these and whether they affect the plant and if so suggest a solution.

Many thanks

Roy
Attached Thumbnails
Sweet Pea infestation-cropped-sweet-pea-insects.jpg
Old 22-07-2018, 02:09 PM
Registered User

Now I can see them properly from my photo I think they may be thrips? Am I right?

Roy

[IMG] code is On

Pea or not a pea Marq United Kingdom 2 26-03-2010 12:24 PM
Sowing sweet pea seeds now MCC United Kingdom 9 02-10-2003 09:02 PM
Sweet Pea Trials Faye United Kingdom 0 01-06-2003 06:20 PM
sweet pea trials Graham Wells United Kingdom 1 14-04-2003 09:08 AM
Sweet Pea Trials+Gardeners World janet.bennett United Kingdom 2 13-04-2003 03:44 PM