Old 02-05-2003, 02:08 AM
bd

Default Drooping Arborvitae's

Last Year I planted (36) Arborvitae trees to act as a "living fence"

I think because of the excess rain and snow we had here in New Jersey this past winter

Instead of standing tall and "pyramidal shape. my arborvitaes look weak and droopy at the top???

Any Idea how to keep them from spreading at the top and stand tall again???

Would appreciate all advise...

Bryan / NJ

Old 02-05-2003, 06:08 AM
B & J

Buy some plastic clothes line (Green is less conspicuous.) and pull the drooping tops back together from the inside, using the trunk as the main support. You can leave it without any ill effect to the trees. BTW, in an area of heavy snowfall where I used to live, I tied the trees together at the top each fall before snow arrived and removed it in the spring. That saved the trees from having drooping or broken branches.

John
"bd" wrote in message . net...
Last Year I planted (36) Arborvitae trees to act as a "living fence"

I think because of the excess rain and snow we had here in New Jersey this past winter

Instead of standing tall and "pyramidal shape. my arborvitaes look weak and droopy at the top???

Any Idea how to keep them from spreading at the top and stand tall again???

Would appreciate all advise...

Bryan / NJ

[IMG] code is On

lavatera arborea in a container - drooping, drooping drooping [email protected] Gardening 2 04-07-2006 08:00 PM
Daffodils drooping Mceezee Gardening 2 02-04-2003 02:32 AM
drooping crocii - help Katharine Mill United Kingdom 6 15-03-2003 06:08 AM
Drooping Helleborus Fredgibson United Kingdom 1 22-02-2003 12:19 AM
Drooping Helleborus Jack United Kingdom 2 21-02-2003 03:59 AM