Old 11-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Registered User

Default willow dome

please help!!! we have a willow dome at our local school, with needs some serious TLC i look as if it has died and is very bare, can someone give any tips on reviving our willow dome please
Old 11-11-2011, 06:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

dawn0798 writes:

please help!!! we have a willow dome at our local school, with needs
some serious TLC i look as if it has died and is very bare, can someone
give any tips on reviving our willow dome please

Never heard of one until I did a Google search.

Is this a live dome? If so, I guess we're being trolled.

--
Dan Espen
Old 11-11-2011, 07:11 PM posted to rec.gardens

please help!!! we have a willow dome at our local school, with needs
some serious TLC i look as if it has died and is very bare, can someone
give any tips on reviving our willow dome please

Never heard of one until I did a Google search.

Me neither. here's a link ...
http://www.jprwillow.co.uk/willow-sculpture-domes.htm

Old 11-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn0798 View Post
please help!!! we have a willow dome at our local school, with needs some serious TLC i look as if it has died and is very bare, can someone give any tips on reviving our willow dome please
Hi dawn, are you sure it has died and not just lost its leaves due to the normal leaf fall that happens in autumn ?? Look at the stems and if they are soft and 'juicy' then all is well. If they are dry and 'brittle' looking then you may be right, but unless it has dried out in the summer (which I doubt) i think it unlikely that it has died. Could you take a picture and post it here ?? showing the whole thing and maybe a closeup of the stems, then we could better tell what you should do. Please let us know where you live as well!!
Regards, Lannerman.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Nov 11, 12:44*pm, lannerman
wrote:
dawn0798;941543 Wrote:

please help!!! we have a willow dome at our local school, with needs
some serious TLC i look as if it has died and is very bare, can someone
give any tips on reviving our willow dome please

Hi dawn, are you sure it has died and not just lost its leaves due to
the normal leaf fall that happens in autumn ?? Look at the stems and if
they are soft and 'juicy' then all is well. If they are dry and
'brittle' looking then you may be right, but unless it has dried out in
the summer (which I doubt) i think it unlikely that it has died. Could
you take a picture and post it here ?? showing the whole thing and maybe
a closeup of the stems, then we could better tell what you should do.
Please let us know where you live as well!!
Regards, Lannerman.

--
lannerman

To see if a plant is alive, scrape your thumbnail along the stem or
branch. If it shows green underneath, the plant is alive.

HB

Old 13-11-2011, 06:36 AM posted to rec.gardens

"dawn0798" wrote in message

please help!!! we have a willow dome at our local school, with needs
some serious TLC i look as if it has died and is very bare, can someone
give any tips on reviving our willow dome please

I assume that you might be in the UK since you're posting through
gardenbanter. It's Autumn in the northern hemisphere so if you live there,
have a look to see if other willow trees have lost their leaves yet. If
they have, then your dome is doing what comes naturally. Wait till spring
before you worry.

Old 14-11-2011, 09:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

dawn0798 schrieb:
please help!!! we have a willow dome at our local school, with needs
some serious TLC i look as if it has died and is very bare, can someone
give any tips on reviving our willow dome please

cut it down and pour some battery acid on the stump. that should take
care of the stupid tree.