Old 07-04-2015, 12:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Time to Plant Bulbs

Once upon a time on usenet David E. Ross wrote:
On 3/31/2015 12:53 AM, lifeflower wrote:
Now is the time to plant spring-blooming bulbs! We all love to see
those first pops of colour after a dreary winter, so do your future
self a favor and plant a nice array of bulbs in your garden. Here is
a link to a great bulb how-to put together by our staff here at Get
into Gardening! Let us know if you have any questions and we’ll be
glad to help you out and get you closer to having a yard full of
beautiful bulb flowers. Happy planting!

SPAM! The time to plant spring bulbs where I live is in the autumn --
October or November.

Rather amatuer spam methinks - I didn't see the aforementioned link.

That said are you under the impression that there are no northern hemishpere
spammers? I ask because I fail to see the logic in calling a post spam
because it's a different season where you live.
--
Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Old 07-04-2015, 03:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 4/7/2015 4:27 AM, ~misfit~ wrote:
[...]

The cited link was missing from the original message. A quick search on
the phrase "Get into Gardening", however, reveals that it is a
commercial business based in the U.K. The original message in this
thread was posted via gardenbanter.co.uk. Thus, the originator and I
both have the same seasons at the same time.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
Old 08-04-2015, 11:43 AM posted to rec.gardens

[...]

Stranger than fiction!!!

Damn that Gardenbanter - I dare say they're leeching my messages to add to
their poxy site. Sad when you have to leech from usenet - what's the point
of having the site?

Old 09-04-2015, 03:19 AM posted to rec.gardens

~misfit~ wrote:
[...]

This causes a lot of confusion here as banterers are apt to assume that
everybody is in the UK.

--
David

Corporate propaganda is their
protection against democracy

Old 09-04-2015, 05:12 AM posted to rec.gardens

Once upon a time on usenet David Hare-Scott wrote:
~misfit~ wrote:

[snip]
Damn that Gardenbanter - I dare say they're leeching my messages to
add to their poxy site. Sad when you have to leech from usenet -
what's the point of having the site?

This causes a lot of confusion here as banterers are apt to assume
that everybody is in the UK.

That happens lots on usenet anyway - however it's usually Americans doing
that assuming.

Cheers,

Old 27-05-2015, 08:07 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~misfit~[_4_] View Post
Once upon a time on usenet David Hare-Scott wrote:
~misfit~ wrote:

[snip]
Damn that Gardenbanter - I dare say they're leeching my messages to
add to their poxy site. Sad when you have to leech from usenet -
what's the point of having the site?

This causes a lot of confusion here as banterers are apt to assume
that everybody is in the UK.

That happens lots on usenet anyway - however it's usually Americans doing
that assuming.

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
So, that's that then. Think I'll go and plant some bulbs.

[IMG] code is On

there Petra will follow the request, and if Madeleine not sails it too, the suffering will destroy from time to time the deaf cottage Josef P. Madren Ponds 0 14-11-2007 05:36 AM
Is it a good time to plant spring bulbs in New jersey wowfed Gardening 7 08-10-2007 02:27 AM
Time to plant tulip bulbs? dommy Gardening 2 24-09-2003 08:12 PM
bulbs and time Gary Lawrence Lawns 0 27-04-2003 11:56 PM
Time for bulbs. [email protected] Lawns 2 23-10-2002 04:20 PM