Old 05-06-2015, 07:49 PM
Registered User

Unhappy Brown leaves on morning glories, help

hello, I have planted a beautiful flying saucer morning glory in a container that you water from the bottom. The plant is growing like mad and is beautiful. Today I noticed that some of the leaves are wilting and turning brown. Can someone tell me why and what to do.
The container waters from the bottom and the soil is always wet. The plant is sitting inside in my bay window. It gets the morning and early afternoon sun.
Im bummed out because I fear the plant is dying.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Ian
Old 06-06-2015, 01:54 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Brown leaves on morning glories, help

ianbauer wrote:
hello, I have planted a beautiful flying saucer morning glory in a
container that you water from the bottom. The plant is growing like
mad and is beautiful. Today I noticed that some of the leaves are
wilting and turning brown. Can someone tell me why and what to do.
The container waters from the bottom and the soil is always wet. The
plant is sitting inside in my bay window. It gets the morning and
early afternoon sun.
Im bummed out because I fear the plant is dying.

Always wet soil sounds like a good indication of a problem for many plants.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:45 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Bob F" writes:

ianbauer wrote:
hello, I have planted a beautiful flying saucer morning glory in a
container that you water from the bottom. The plant is growing like
mad and is beautiful. Today I noticed that some of the leaves are
wilting and turning brown. Can someone tell me why and what to do.
The container waters from the bottom and the soil is always wet. The
plant is sitting inside in my bay window. It gets the morning and
early afternoon sun.
Im bummed out because I fear the plant is dying.

Always wet soil sounds like a good indication of a problem for many plants.

Yep, for almost all plants, roots always wet, bad.
I've never seen morning glory in a swamp, so I don't have to web
search to know.

I used to keep an aquarium and grow plants underwater.
There _are_ plants that can take some amount of submersion,
but they are few and far between.

--
Dan Espen
Old 06-06-2015, 11:44 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob F View Post
ianbauer wrote:
hello, I have planted a beautiful flying saucer morning glory in a
container that you water from the bottom. The plant is growing like
mad and is beautiful. Today I noticed that some of the leaves are
wilting and turning brown. Can someone tell me why and what to do.
The container waters from the bottom and the soil is always wet. The
plant is sitting inside in my bay window. It gets the morning and
early afternoon sun.
Im bummed out because I fear the plant is dying.

Always wet soil sounds like a good indication of a problem for many plants.
Thank you, I thought I would try one of those new plant spas but I agree that having the plant in soaking wet soil is a bad idea. have a great day and thanks for your reply