Old 17-11-2015, 10:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Hibiscus mites

I have a tropical farm with hibiscus hedges. I want to rid myself of Erinose mite without using pesticades. Any suggestions.
Old 19-11-2015, 07:02 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 11/17/2015 5:23 PM, Malcolm Sanders wrote:
Erinose mite

I know nothing about them and decided to google it up.

Found this interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwzQ3op6f6E

Guess all you could do is take the advice without the use of systemics.
Old 19-11-2015, 09:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 2015-11-19 19:02:22 +0000, Frank said:

On 11/17/2015 5:23 PM, Malcolm Sanders wrote:
Erinose mite

I know nothing about them and decided to google it up.

Found this interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwzQ3op6f6E

Guess all you could do is take the advice without the use of systemics.

For mites I like to spray my infested plants with horticultural oil
(commercial diluted per label or mix a cup of vegetable oil with a few
tablespoons of dishwashing liquid and dilute this mixture 1:20)
alternating with a mild soap solution (something like Lux Flakes 2
tbsp./L water) every 3-5 days for 2-3 weeks. Spray in early evening or
very early morning and try your best to saturate the leaves including
the undersides. Rinse plants vigorously midway between sprayings.

Old 21-11-2015, 10:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

Amos Nomore wrote:
Frank said:

Malcolm Sanders wrote:
Erinose mite

I know nothing about them and decided to google it up.

Found this interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwzQ3op6f6E

Guess all you could do is take the advice without the use of systemics.

For mites I like to spray my infested plants with horticultural oil
(commercial diluted per label or mix a cup of vegetable oil with a few
tablespoons of dishwashing liquid and dilute this mixture 1:20)
alternating with a mild soap solution (something like Lux Flakes 2
tbsp./L water) every 3-5 days for 2-3 weeks. Spray in early evening or
very early morning and try your best to saturate the leaves including
the undersides. Rinse plants vigorously midway between sprayings.

another approach could be to go out and find a
functioning ecosystem with other mites (some which
are predatory upon other mites) and perhaps that
can restore the area to some kind of balance? could
also spend some time learning about mites and what
it takes to keep a wider and diverse population of
them happy and thriving.

i decided some years ago that spraying various
things around may help for some applications but
they may also cause more other unintended effects.

songbird

[IMG] code is On

How to get rid of mites Ollie Gardening 9 08-10-2003 04:17 AM
White Mites ideekay Australia 6 05-04-2003 06:34 AM
how to rid spider mites off arborvitae? peter Gardening 2 05-04-2003 12:08 AM
Cymbidium spots (mites?) Terri Harris Orchids 1 17-03-2003 07:08 PM
** Help ** Spider Mites Attacking Wilmero Lawns 1 22-10-2002 12:32 PM