Old 22-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Registered User

Post composting bins

We provide the best composter to our customers for home composting,organic composting and teach them how to compost with composting videos.
Old 22-01-2016, 06:11 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default SPAMing bins

Direct Compost wrote:
We provide the best SPAMMING

Old 23-01-2016, 01:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 1/22/2016 1:11 PM, Bob F wrote:
Direct Compost wrote:
We provide the best SPAMMING

Composting SPAM is a bad idea -- it gets very smelly and is sure to attract
raccoons and other bothersome beasts.
Old 23-01-2016, 07:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

John McGaw wrote:
Bob F wrote:
Direct Compost wrote:
We provide the best SPAMMING

Composting SPAM is a bad idea -- it gets very smelly and is sure to attract
raccoons and other bothersome beasts.

This is by far the best compost bin:
http://www.amazon.com/Algreen-Produc...rds=composters
I've been using mine more than twenty years and is still like new
(only composter with a 25 year guarantee). My neighbor bought one of
those $600 off the ground rotating drum composters (I told him not
to), he said its a POS and stunk/stank but produced no compost, only
fermented sludge. Last year he bought one like mine and loves it. It
cost about three times more now than what I paid some 20 years ago but
still a bargain because it works well and lasts long. I put all sorts
of household waste in it plus gardening bits, but no meat products
(crows here eat all meat trimmings). It's not possible to compost off
the ground. Microbes do the composting, earthworms do not compost,
earthworms eat the microbes and produce castings, earthworms do not
eat kitchen trimmings, they eat the microbes that are attracted to
kitchen scraps. There's mine, however my critters are much better at
adding compost and no work on my part:
http://i64.tinypic.com/fxxbbq.jpg

Old 23-01-2016, 09:39 PM posted to rec.gardens

Brooklyn1 wrote:
John McGaw wrote:
Bob F wrote:
Direct Compost wrote:
We provide the best SPAMMING

Composting SPAM is a bad idea -- it gets very smelly and is sure to
attract raccoons and other bothersome beasts.

This is by far the best compost bin:
http://www.amazon.com/Algreen-Produc...rds=composters

I'd fill that little toy up in less than one mowing. For years I used 4
pallets, stood on edge to form a cube, with short boards nailed across the top
corners to join adjacent pallets at the top. Just pop the corner board off and
remove the front pallet for emptying. 2 or 3 of those bins would keep me going,
filling up the "freshest" and using the compost from the oldest batch(s) in the
spring.

Old 24-01-2016, 12:33 AM posted to rec.gardens

Bob F wrote:
Brooklyn1 wrote:
John McGaw wrote:
Bob F wrote:
Direct Compost wrote:
We provide the best SPAMMING

Composting SPAM is a bad idea -- it gets very smelly and is sure to
attract raccoons and other bothersome beasts.

This is by far the best compost bin:
http://www.amazon.com/Algreen-Produc...rds=composters

I'd fill that little toy up in less than one mowing.

That composter is more than sufficient for household trimmings, coffee
grounds, tea bags, deadheaded flowers and such, and any large
branches, tree limbs, tree stumps, and such get tossed in the brush
piles in my hedgerows for critter shelter.
If you're composting grass clippings you're a fool... haven't you
heard of mulching blades? I mow ten acres with two mowers, a 7' and a
5', both fitted with mulching blades, there are no visible clippings
on my lawn, all those wee bits shivel up to nothingness within seconds
yet they add all their goodness to my turf, and evenly, and with no
extra labor on my part... even my 21" push mower is fitted with a
mulching blade, no need for the bag. Were I to collect ten acres
worth of clippings I'd spend more time handling clippings than mowing,
and truely accomplish nothing. Like I said, if you're composting
grass clippings you're a fool, a damned fool!
I have lots of trees too, I don't rake leaves either, each fall I go
about mowing those leaves with my mulching blades, mountains of leaves
reduced to nothing, all back into the soil in no time. Golf courses
and ball fields don't collect grass clippings, they're no fools, they
use mulching blades. Even landscapers use mulching blades, even on
postage stamp sized lawns in suburbia, no one with an IQ collects
grass clippings anymore, haven't for more than twenty years... except
for the fools.

Old 27-01-2016, 11:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

Brooklyn1 wrote:
Bob F wrote:
Brooklyn1 wrote:
John McGaw wrote:
Bob F wrote:
Direct Compost wrote:
[...]

I guess I'm a damned fool who wants lots of compost for my veggy beds, and likes
a mower that does a good job of lifting the grass so it doesn't grow 6" and more
horizontal stems like I get with my toro "recycler". I use the recycler when I'm
lazy, but the snapper does a way better job of keeping the grass healthy and
evenly cut. And if I try to mulch the leaves from my neighbors poplars onto my
lawn, it covers and composts the lawn. So those go through the snapper and into
the compost too.

I live in the city, so 7 acres isn't my problem. more like 1/3.

I get 2-3 yards of compost out of my bins each year, and my veggies love it.

Thanks for the helpful comments.

[IMG] code is On

Innovative Composting. Wormeries, Bokashi Bins and Composter Mr Worms SW Marketplace 0 27-09-2012 09:20 PM
Composting bins - do they work yitzak United Kingdom 23 23-03-2006 05:57 PM
Composting anything was Composting ivy Reid© United Kingdom 5 29-09-2003 09:02 PM
Coompost Bins Beth Pierce Gardening 4 29-04-2003 04:56 AM
Compost bins John Griffiths United Kingdom 6 25-03-2003 03:56 PM