Old 18-05-2016, 02:33 PM
Registered User

Default ID this large shrub / tree

Hi everybody my first post so hope someone can help. My son recently moved house and this beautiful large blue flowering tree is in the garden. I've searched the Internet for blue flowering shrub or tree but can't find a similar flower. Don't know whether it's a shrub that's been left and grown into a small tree or it is a tree. Hope someone recognises it, fingers crossed .
Attached Thumbnails
ID this large shrub / tree-image.jpeg
Old 18-05-2016, 04:18 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 5/18/2016 9:33 AM, Wild Strawberry wrote:
Hi everybody my first post so hope someone can help. My son recently
moved house and this beautiful large blue flowering tree is in the
garden. I've searched the Internet for blue flowering shrub or tree but
can't find a similar flower. Don't know whether it's a shrub that's been
left and grown into a small tree or it is a tree. Hope someone
recognises it, fingers crossed .

|Filename: image.jpeg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16412|

It looks so familiar but so unusual. My first guess was in the hibiscus
family. Some sort of Althea but without the usual coloured throat?