Old 24-05-2016, 12:48 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Rose leaf size varies

On Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 5:50:10 AM UTC+11, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
As my roses begin blooming in the new season, I wonder, as every year, why such a wide range of leaf sizes. They range from over 3" in width to less than 1".

OK, they are different varieties, but why such a spread? We are trained to look first for an evolutionary advantage conferred by Trait "x", but I couldn't find info to scratch my curiosity itch. Am no longer in touch with my sole rosarian friend, so wonder if any Hon. Members have a clue.

HB

what does this have to do with rose leaf sizes?