Old 29-11-2016, 12:26 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Please identify this tree with an interesting fruit

Hello all,

In the yard of the place I work, I noticed crushed fruits and bluish stains. When I looked up I saw clusters of interesting fruits. (See photo link below)

I noticed the thin and graceful tree before but had never seen its fruits.

What is it?

Thanks!

Photo at:
https://goo.gl/photos/XQaAw45ERR2njExL8

(I think I am in Sunset zone 15.)

Old 29-11-2016, 12:46 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 11/28/2016 3:26 PM, Al Tprk wrote:
Hello all,

In the yard of the place I work, I noticed crushed fruits and bluish stains. When I looked up I saw clusters of interesting fruits. (See photo link below)

I noticed the thin and graceful tree before but had never seen its fruits.

What is it?

Thanks!

Photo at:
https://goo.gl/photos/XQaAw45ERR2njExL8

(I think I am in Sunset zone 15.)

It is a fern pine (Podocarpus). I am not sure which species it is
within Podocarpus. Sunset lists nine species. Although a conifer, it
has fleshy fruits rather than cones.

--
David E. Ross

The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland.
The Ukraine will be Putin's Czechoslovakia.
See http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_PutinUkraine.html.