Old 19-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Registered User

Talking

First off, I am sorry people are so mean here, isnt this a site for asking for help regarding plants? Sometimes as a mom, we do some footwork such as finding the right seeds for our children. That does not mean that weintend to do it for them. Helping is what parenting is all about, and all she asked was a simple question, there is no need to be rude.

Anyway, I recently did a great project with my son that used alfalfa and watercress seeds. They grow real fast, I am on the eastcoast and it is cold and snowy here as well.

Just as an FYI, we did it as an easter craft and took hardboiled eggs and colored them, cut off just part of the top and hollowed them out and put a wet cotton ball and the seeds in the egg we stood it up with one cell of the egg carton and a popsicle stick cut in half for the feet. We put eyes on it and a mouth and water daily. So if they can grow fast there, they can grow anywhere. I believe it is the same stuff used on a chia pet.

Good luck to you and your son, I hope you BOTH have fun with the project.

My son is entering his school's science fair. His topic is growing seeds w/
various types of light. Does anyone have any ideas for the best kinds of seeds
to use for such a project...[/color][/color]

Radishes are quick. 3-4 weeks to maturity. Under good conditions,
germination occurs in 1-3 days.[/quote]

[IMG] code is On

Gardening - Natural Science NOT rocket science.. greenproductshop.info Edible Gardening 0 18-03-2009 06:00 PM
Science project on ground temp & germination. [email protected] Edible Gardening 1 08-01-2005 11:14 PM
My Science Project :-) LeeAnne Ponds 15 08-01-2005 10:34 PM
(Fwd) Science project request [email protected] Bonsai 0 08-01-2005 10:17 PM
My Science Project, Part Deux LeeAnne Ponds 8 18-07-2003 11:56 PM