Old 21-05-2003, 02:20 AM
bubbleboy37211

Default Honeysuckle vines

Good day folks: new to this so hope I am not repeating any already
answered Questions..... Last week the electric company came along and
cut down half of
a ratty flowering woody bush in the front yard.(said was to tall and
hitting wires)..no big lost but now that spot looks bear.. was
wondering what it would take to grow a honeysuckle vine in the same
spot with some sort of supporting trellis...the area recieves hardly
any shade. I also live in a valley so direct sun is from 9 till about
6 or 7 it is in the north west corner of my lot about 10 foot away
from the street. I live in Nashville so it is humid and not the best
soil....it is next to a water runoff drain and close to my property
line... Thought it might attach some hummingbirds and butterflies to
the neighbor hood thank you in advance for all the help
Jim
Old 21-05-2003, 04:08 AM
Steve

At first I thought the topic was 'Honeysuckle Virus' and got real curious
cuz I'd give anything to get rid of mine, its outdoing everything in my
arbor, just wish I could get rid of it but alas, I resign myself to rip
every leaf I can find and it is winning..it grows while I work at my day
job, just can't keep up.

-s-

om...

Old 21-05-2003, 08:20 PM
DavesVideo

Jim said:

At first I thought the topic was 'Honeysuckle Virus' and got real curious

cuz I'd give anything to get rid of mine, its outdoing everything in my
arbor, just wish I could get rid of it but alas, I resign myself to rip
every leaf I can find and it is winning..it grows while I work at my day
job, just can't keep up.

That stuff is really invasive, hard to believe someone actually wants to plant
it. It grows in the trees on the border of our property and has killed a number
of them. We cut it down every year and rip out as many roots as we can and at
least are now managing to keep the trees alive.

Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave