Old 25-06-2003, 01:32 PM
Theo

Default soil for passiflora

I was just wondering if I could plant a passsiflora in nothing but
perlite or should it be sandy soil. Just wondering. Thank you for
your replies.
-Theo
Old 26-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Jim W

Theo wrote:

I was just wondering if I could plant a passsiflora in nothing but
perlite or should it be sandy soil. Just wondering. Thank you for
your replies.

Why would you grow a passiflora in only perlite? A well drained, open
mixed medium is fine
//
Jim
Old 27-06-2003, 01:44 AM
V_coerulea

For my own 2 cents, I'd use sandy soil. Here in the sand hills of SC, it
hard to kill the suckers. They have a "tap root" or thickened root that goes
down into subsoil looking for moisture. So I'd say that if you're growning
them artificially, supply that subsoil or change the general soil as to give
them the moisture that all plants need from some source or other. Straight
perlite; I don't think so.

m...