Old 05-03-2003, 08:52 PM
Cereoid+10+

Default Dumb Question... (in this newsgroup? What are the odds?)

Hey Mon,

Natty Dread? Now that's a blast from the past! Are you still hanging out at
Fridays with the rest of the rastafarian gang? Not to worry about the seeds,
Mon. You can smoke them too!!! So you're in northern Virginia now? Is Big
Brother involved in growing ganja for some ultra-secret government project
to cure glaucoma?

Normally one gets only one plant from a seed but not all seeds may sprout.
It is best to start the seeds before planting out in the garden. There are
far too many websites on how to grow plants from seeds. A google search will
be most revealing.

Your coreopsis plants may be dormant or dead. Wait to see if they produce
any new growth in spring before throwing them out.

Natty_Dread wrote in message
Hey all -- I'm a relatively novice gardener with a stupid question. To

date
I've only worked with established, pre-potted plants, but the other day I
bought seed packets for a bunch of perennial flowers I'd to try growing in
my garden and yard borders. Each packet has a number of seeds in it, and

my
dumb question is, will each one of those seeds yield one flowering plant,

or
does one plant grow from several seeds sown together? I'm in Northern VA,
zone 7A; examples of the seeds I bought include oriental poppies,

Black-eyed
Susans, carnations, coreopsis and a couple of others. How easy (or hard)

is
it to grown flowering plants from seeds? Any advice is most appreciated.
Thanks!

P.S. Speaking of coreopsis, I have several in pots on my patio that I

never
got into the ground last fall which have turned dark brown over the

winter.
Does this mean they are dead, or just dormant? If I cut them back to

soil,
do you think they might spout up again when spring comes?

Old 06-03-2003, 06:27 PM
Natty_Dread

"Cereoid+10+" wrote in message
om...

Hey Mon,

Natty Dread? Now that's a blast from the past! Are you still hanging out

at
Fridays with the rest of the rastafarian gang? Not to worry about the

seeds,
Mon. You can smoke them too!!! So you're in northern Virginia now? Is Big
Brother involved in growing ganja for some ultra-secret government project
to cure glaucoma?

Hey mon, don't be pokin' fun a mi if ya don want feel de wrath a Jah... ;-)

Thanks for your advice RE seeds.