Old 21-08-2003, 12:42 AM
Mark Anderson

Default Big Tomato

OK, this may not seem big to some of you experienced growers. This is my
second season growing tomatoes and last year wasn't good, all the
tomatoes were small and the plants looked scrawny. Not having a yard,
all my tomatoes are grown in 24" containers. This year I watered and
fertilized more and the tomatoes are big. Today I harvested 8 tomatoes
and to my surprise I got this monster, I think it may be 2 lbs or more.
You can see it at:

http://www.brandylion.com/images/big-tomato.jpg

All my tomatoes are shaped weird for some reason. The first tomato of
the year was two tomatoes that grew together. Today I picked this one
that looks funny.

http://www.brandylion.com/images/strange-tomato.jpg

Old 21-08-2003, 01:12 AM
Peppergirl

Hi Mark!
Wow.... Your tomatoes are amazing! I wish i could get my to that size!!
Looks GREAT!
peppergirl
http://hotcuisine.esmartweb.com/
.net...

Old 21-08-2003, 02:02 AM
Phisherman

They almost look like beef stake tomatoes, my father's favorite; great
for slicing and sandwiches. I am beginning to have my "fill" with
tomatoes eating them everyday for the last three weeks, and now
feeding the tortoises in the yard. I've been making all kinds of
tomato dishes.
Old 22-08-2003, 06:03 AM
Mceezee

I wish I were getting tomatoes.

I put my plants in late (about the 2nd or 3rd week of June) because I was away.
They look like they are getting ready to start flowering but haven't quite
yet.

I am in the NE (S. Jersey).