Old 14-09-2003, 09:32 PM
Jacqueline Davidson

Default Bee keeper's head gear/mosquitos

Has anyone on the list made himself a head cover such as bee keepers wear,
to keep predatory insects away from your face? If so, please share with me
how you did it, or where to buy one, etc.
Jackie

Old 15-09-2003, 02:12 PM
Frank Logullo

"Jacqueline Davidson" wrote in message
Has anyone on the list made himself a head cover such as bee keepers wear,
to keep predatory insects away from your face? If so, please share with

me
how you did it, or where to buy one, etc.
Jackie

Sporting goods stores sell camo head nets for hunters. You might also try
Cabela's on line.
Frank

Old 15-09-2003, 03:02 PM
animaux

I did. I bought a plain, inexpensive straw hat and sewed plain toole over it.
I'm not sure if I spelled "toole" correctly, but any fabric store would sell it
in many colors. I bought tan. I didn't do it for mosquitoes, but for gnats and
grasshoppers.

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 15:26:29 -0700, "Jacqueline Davidson"
opined:

Old 15-09-2003, 10:02 PM
Beecrofter

"Frank Logullo" wrote in message . ..
"Jacqueline Davidson" wrote in message
Has anyone on the list made himself a head cover such as bee keepers wear,
to keep predatory insects away from your face? If so, please share with

me
how you did it, or where to buy one, etc.
Jackie

Sporting goods stores sell camo head nets for hunters. You might also try
Cabela's on line.
Frank

Coleman has them under their brand name.
Another is "Bug Baffeler"
Old 16-09-2003, 12:32 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message Wg39b.13985$pe.1991@lakeread06
from "Jacqueline Davidson" contains these words:

Has anyone on the list made himself a head cover such as bee keepers wear,
to keep predatory insects away from your face? If so, please share with me
how you did it, or where to buy one, etc.

You can buy them in camping/hiking shops; ask for a midge or mosquito
hat. They work but the mesh is so small, imho it feels a bit airless
sweaty and claustrophobic inside one.

Janet. (West of Scotland, land of the Highland Midge).